xbox one x freesync monitor

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
ahmedpc03

xbox one x freesync monitor

Post by ahmedpc03 » 03 Mar 2018, 11:16

Hi

i would like to purchase a monitor for my xbox one x , supporting freesync
but iam actually confused about which freesync monitors are going to work with the xbox one x

i am not sure if the xbox one x is supporting freesync 1 or 2

there is nothing mentioned from microsoft or amd

even which hdmi version are support it

some websites said it should be hdmi 2.1, and i can see on youtube someone using xbox one x with lg monitor that supporting only hdmi 2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4lRHI06aaI

and from some others forums, user tried to used an asus monitor but it doesn't work

for me i dont care about the monitor to be 4k or even hdr, since the xbox one x , some games are supporting 60 fps mode on 1080p.

high fps and low input lag is more important for me

i was thinking to get the lg 27mp59g, since this monitor is ips 1080p , supporting freesync and have a good input lag

but i am not sure if the freesync with this monitor is going to work with my xbox one x

i need your help guys and your suggestions pls.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: xbox one x freesync monitor

Post by RealNC » 03 Mar 2018, 12:25

There are no consoles that support freesync. I think they might add HDMI VRR in a future update to the X? But I don't think this is supported right now.

https://www.windowscentral.com/why-xbox ... ut-hdmi-21
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Mar 2018, 20:14

ahmedpc03 wrote:high fps and low input lag is more important for me

i was thinking to get the lg 27mp59g, since this monitor is ips 1080p , supporting freesync and have a good input lag

but i am not sure if the freesync with this monitor is going to work with my xbox one x

i need your help guys and your suggestions pls.
No consoles support FreeSync yet..... unless you are running an emulator on a PC.....and for that, it is mainly lag-reduction without stutter-reduction.

Also, a monitor cannot improve console framerates.... although a very select few (e.g. older XL2720Z) can reduce console motion blur via single-strobe motion blur reduction - www.blurbusters.com/faq/motionblurreduction
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 04 Mar 2018, 16:30

hmmmmm

i contacted microsoft xbox support ask them if the xbox one x supporting freesync or not

they confirmed that the xbox one x is supporting freesync monitors, but we need to test this soon

ill let you know guys

thanks

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 Mar 2018, 16:51

That's good news.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Mar 2018, 19:18

I have heard that the Xbox One X already has all the hardware necessary to support FreeSync monitors.

Not activated AFAIK though.

I suspect that this feature will be activated in the not-too-distant future. One never knows for sure, though.

Given HDMI 2.1 supports variable refresh rates, this would be a great expansion of FreeSync coverage in the industry, and massively reduce console input lag (since most console games use VSYNC ON).

HDMI 2.1 VRR, VESA Adaptive-Sync, and AMD FreeSync, all uses the same display protocol, and are essentially interoperable with each other -- their protocol venn diagram nearly perfectly overlaps, having been based off each other. AMD even confirmed this to me directly at CES 2018.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 12 Mar 2018, 15:48

Microsoft just announced that they will add freesync support:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/freesy ... soles.html

So the person you contacted at Microsoft xbox support who said it supports it already was bullshitting you. So much for "support" :P

They will also add 1440p support. Which is pretty awesome. Playing on a 1440p freesync monitor should mean high FPS, and it might make me look at consoles again (been avoiding them like the plague.)

open

Post by open » 12 Mar 2018, 21:08

It's freesync 2 that it will support. Keep in mind that developers will have to patch in support in many cases. It should be easy for most titles to swap to vrr. But consoles have been running vsync games and it is possible that simply switching the refresh mode will create issues with timing, physics, animations, ect... Some time testing and fixing bugs is required. I think it's great that consoles are moving to vrr. It's an amazing way to really use the power efficently and with lower input lag in many cases.

Also this was likely announced to imply that xbox will support the hdmi vrr once the standard has been developed. These companies can't say that they support a standard before it is defined.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Mar 2018, 12:34

RealNC wrote:Microsoft just announced that they will add freesync support:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/freesy ... soles.html
So the person you contacted at Microsoft xbox support who said it supports it already was bullshitting you. So much for "support" :P
Well, semantics.
The hardware already supports it.
It's the OS / software that doesn't yet support it.

It is my current understanding that the XBox One X and S that people already bought today, already has FreeSync support built into its hardware. It's just not enabled in software yet.

It's also up on the XBox One specs page.

lexebidar

Post by lexebidar » 15 Mar 2018, 17:44

Lg monitors are extremely interesting.
Do You also play on pc? then their 144hz tn monitors are cool to i guess.
If You want it only on ps4 and don't mind ips glow, lg 27mp59g could indeed be a nice option (ot it's 24" version)... I might be wrong because I've not tried this monitor myself but it's one of very few 1080p ips that is above 60hz (75hz) and does single strobing. Wonder if that would be useful on xbox one.
Also - it kinda depends what games You play. Even though tn and ips have the same 1000:1 contrast, I find tn panels a bit better for darker games since ips glow can be disturbing (but not a deal breaker). I guess it's subjective.

But since You have xbox one X, don't You want 4k monitor?