Unobtrusive thanks/rep system for comments/threads?

Forum registration problems? Need help with creating a post? Want to send suggestions of improvements to Blur Busters Forums? Tell us here!
PedanticFool

Unobtrusive thanks/rep system for comments/threads?

Post by PedanticFool » 01 Apr 2018, 20:26

Many posts on this forum contain a wealth of useful information, I'm constantly coming across new threads and comments which I find useful. I don't want to reply and clutter threads unless I have something valuable to add but an out of the way thanks system could be a great way to provide recognition to posters. I've found star-based rep systems on forums to be rather useless but a thanks button beside each comment along with a (truncated?) list of people who've pressed it could work quite well.

lexlazootin

Re: Unobtrusive thanks/rep system for comments/threads?

Post by lexlazootin » 01 Apr 2018, 23:35

I just tried to do a Star emoji as a meme and it won't let you submit :*(

maybe get emoji support as well :lol:

PedanticFool

Post by PedanticFool » 02 Apr 2018, 00:52

lexlazootin wrote:I just tried to do a Star emoji as a meme and it won't let you submit :*(

maybe get emoji support as well :lol:
Haha, your posts were some of the ones I had in mind lex along with Chief, Falkentyne and others. What do you think, would you appreciate some kind of thanks button for posts or do you think it'd be spammy and rather useless?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 02 Apr 2018, 01:52

give people a little bit of credit, yea i don't know, sounds good to me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Apr 2018, 02:20

A forum upgrade is being considered later this year -- I'll investigate a simple "Like" or "Thanks" system like you find in other forums.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!