BenQ RL2455 Console Gaming Monitor

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
richdot

BenQ RL2455 Console Gaming Monitor

Post by richdot » 30 May 2018, 04:27

Morning guys I bought this monitor hooked it up to the Xbox one X got no dead pixels / backlight bleed its perfect, feels very responsive in games like PUBG big difference between my Sony 55" 4k hdr XE9005 and the RL2455. I have couple questions if anyone knows the answers please.

AMA seems a waste of time setting it to HIGH seems to leave a very obvious glow. setting it to premium even worse. setting it to OFF is better but they now is a bit of blur. With the AMA setting off does it now not become as responsive? I know the 1ms is false claim GTG not all colours

Will I always get ghosting like the BenQ is showing with AMA off am I wasting my swapping for another monitor? this BenQ seems like its all aimed to that AMA setting being active ?

Thanks

lexlazootin

Re: BenQ RL2455 Console Gaming Monitor

Post by lexlazootin » 30 May 2018, 07:49

Benq didn't make a option between high and off which is pretty annoying. Off wont make it less responsive, it should be fine.

In my opinion you would be much better off swapping it to something other then benq as i can't stand their AMA settings, although i don't know another option for 60hz/console gaming.

richdot

Post by richdot » 30 May 2018, 08:08

lexlazootin wrote:Benq didn't make a option between high and off which is pretty annoying. Off wont make it less responsive, it should be fine.

In my opinion you would be much better off swapping it to something other then benq as i can't stand their AMA settings, although i don't know another option for 60hz/console gaming.
Thanks for the reply, Its strange why they have pointed this monitor to console gamers with this AMA setting because to me its useless.

I would get another monitor I just know this time around I will get Dead or Stuck pixels or dodgy backlight I normally do got lucky with this one.

Reguarding the Motion blur/ghosting with AMA off its very slight is there a TN monitor out there better at handling this than others I don't really want a gimmick feature as I can't see it working too well with a console?

SigFig

Post by SigFig » 30 May 2018, 11:31

richdot wrote: Reguarding the Motion blur/ghosting with AMA off its very slight is there a TN monitor out there better at handling this than others I don't really want a gimmick feature as I can't see it working too well with a console?
Since you have an X and are still looking at 1080p, it might be worth checking out something like a Viewsonic XG2402. It shouldn't break the bank unless you have a hard budget. It's what I settled on and thus far I have been very pleased. It can take advantage of the 120hz output of the X and has the potential for Freesync at 60hz output if that is of interest (a heads up: the Freesync range is narrow). Multiple overdrive settings are available and, IMO, each option is an upgrade over my RL2460's AMA options.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2402/

richdot

Post by richdot » 30 May 2018, 13:22

SigFig wrote:
richdot wrote: Reguarding the Motion blur/ghosting with AMA off its very slight is there a TN monitor out there better at handling this than others I don't really want a gimmick feature as I can't see it working too well with a console?
Since you have an X and are still looking at 1080p, it might be worth checking out something like a Viewsonic XG2402. It shouldn't break the bank unless you have a hard budget. It's what I settled on and thus far I have been very pleased. It can take advantage of the 120hz output of the X and has the potential for Freesync at 60hz output if that is of interest (a heads up: the Freesync range is narrow). Multiple overdrive settings are available and, IMO, each option is an upgrade over my RL2460's AMA options.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2402/
Hi thanks that viewsonic looks good but slightly out my price range spent silly money on the tv, console and headphones I don't think she will be too happy if I go spend over £200 on a monitor also lol £200 is my max really, would there be anything else?

You know this viewsonic will I see get motion blur or ghosting because if so I might as well role with the benq I have and keep ama off. It's baffling to me how people recommend it for gaming and it gets high praise and even tournament status or am I just being picky here? Thanks

richdot

Post by richdot » 30 May 2018, 17:59

Seen the XG2401 Forsale 2nd hand said not dead or stuck pixels £140 does anyone know anything about this? Will there overdrive technology cause the same problems with blur and ghosting? Thanks

richdot

Post by richdot » 31 May 2018, 05:30

Have had a look at the ASUS VG245H does anyone know if that will have problems with BLUR / GHOSTING will I have to use the inbuilt overdrive system which may cause overshooting? If so I suppose im no better off ?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 May 2018, 10:56

ViewSonic generally has more overdrive selection options than BenQ Zowie does.

Meanwhile -- have you considered a monitor with a Motion Blur Reduction Feature such as "ULMB", "DyAc", "LightBoost"(old), "1ms MPRT", "Motion Blur Reduction", "MBR"?

Important: Do not confuse "1ms GtG" with "1ms MPRT".
Because the "1ms MPRT" has as little as 1/16th the motion blur of "1ms GtG" for a 60Hz display.
1ms GtG can be 16.7ms MPRT!!!!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

richdot

Post by richdot » 31 May 2018, 11:02

Chief Blur Buster wrote:ViewSonic generally has more overdrive selection options than BenQ Zowie does.

Meanwhile -- have you considered a monitor with a Motion Blur Reduction Feature such as "ULMB", "DyAc", "LightBoost"(old), "1ms MPRT", "Motion Blur Reduction", "MBR"?

(Important: Do not confuse "1ms GtG" with "1ms MPRT". Because the "1ms MPRT" has as little as 1/16th the motion blur of "1ms GtG"!)
Hi the main man!

I am open to any monitor which has the best gaming experience for me using Xbox one X my budget is probably £200, reason being I spent £1400 on a 4k hdr 10bit tv. £450 on the xbox one x and what ever my headphones cost me I forgot now.

The more I read into monitors for console gaming the more I think they will always be ghosting or blur to some degree because each monitor uses overdrive settings to try and get rid which has the reverse effects. But surely my BENQ RL2455 is not as responsive with AMA off so I see it as a waste of money and time?

Thanks for the reply.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 May 2018, 11:08

richdot wrote:Hi the main man!

I am open to any monitor which has the best gaming experience for me using Xbox one X my budget is probably £200, reason being I spent £1400 on a 4k hdr 10bit tv. £450 on the xbox one x and what ever my headphones cost me I forgot now.

The more I read into monitors for console gaming the more I think they will always be ghosting or blur to some degree because each monitor uses overdrive settings to try and get rid which has the reverse effects. But surely my BENQ RL2455 is not as responsive with AMA off so I see it as a waste of money and time?
The XBox One X supports a beta 120Hz upgrade and the use of 120fps at 120Hz can reduce blur/ghosting. Not many games support it yet, but you might wish to futureproof.

Does your HDTV support 120Hz? If it's a recent LG 4K OLED, it supports 120Hz during 4K and might actually work with your XBox One X too.

Indeed, most monitors won't do blur reduction with the XBox One X. On the other hand, if you don't mind CRT flicker (60Hz flickering), you could get a BenQ Zowie XL2411P and use its 60Hz strobe mode. It will have motion as sharp as a CRT when playing 60 frame per second XBox One games. Colors won't be as good but it's the lowest-blur experience you'll get with an XBox One. You may need to use Strobe Utility to tune your strobing to work better at 60Hz but it's one option.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!