LG 31MU97 4K Monitor Service Menu Help

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
castlefire

LG 31MU97 4K Monitor Service Menu Help

Post by castlefire » 07 May 2018, 02:32

so a couple of days ago my LG31MU97 monitor Displayports went crazy. after reading online looks like the EDID is corrupted The HDMI works at 4K but only at 30hz. I need Displayport so i can run at 4K DCI at 60hz I was able to get the service manual but cant figure out how to get into the mode.

I was hoping to reflash the NVRAM, but can't figure out to get into service mode even with the instructions. This monitor uses joystick

again thanks
Attachments
LG.jpg
LG.jpg (194.23 KiB) Viewed 16699 times

k2viper

Re: LG 31MU97 4K Monitor Service Menu Help

Post by k2viper » 14 May 2018, 07:14

Hmm... that's a first instructions I saw for any LG monitor with joystick, to get in Service menu.
Did you tried that sequence?

1. Power off, then power on
2. Push left 3 times, then right 1 time, and then press the joystick button
3. Then press left or right and you should get in service menu.

ps. Pls give a link where did you found this adjustment manual. Maybe there is something interesting for other newer LGs.

castlefire

Post by castlefire » 05 Jun 2018, 03:32

thanks for the reply i have the complete service manual i will post online btw i tried it. still no luck do i use the power switch in the back or use the joystick to turn it on and off.

also here is the service manual
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YBZRK ... tF3wtVncWg

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 06 Jun 2018, 04:09

Also no luck getting to service menu using this sequence on LG 27GK750F-B.

fakefaketington

Post by fakefaketington » 03 Aug 2018, 09:00

Thanks for the manual link.

After a bit of experimentation, figured out that what they actually mean is:

* Power off the monitor (soft power-off is fine).
* Press left-left-left-right *while off* (this is the only "magic sequence" bit).
* Press the middle "select" button to power on as normal.
* When the display is on as normal, press the "select" button then press left to choose "Menu" (i.e. as normal), but "Menu" is now tied to the service menu until the next power cycle.
* To exit the service menu, scroll to the blank bar at the bottom and press "select".

Does anyone know if it's possible to control the monitor via the USB-serial device exposed via the monitor's USB hub? (it's a Texas Instruments TUSB3410 USB-serial controller, shows up as e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 on Linux).

castlefire

Post by castlefire » 21 Aug 2018, 02:33

OMG thankyou finally got into service menu. i am fnally able to use my monior again it was in storage because the DisplayPort didnt work. now its finally working again thanks again.

k2viper

Post by k2viper » 21 Aug 2018, 08:14

Didnt work with LG 27GK750F-B, unfortunately. I was hoping that any LG with joystick uses the same sequence, but looks like not.

UPD: Sorry, IT WORKED
LG 27GK750F-B service menu:

castlefire

Post by castlefire » 24 Aug 2018, 07:30

k2viper wrote:Didnt work with LG 27GK750F-B, unfortunately. I was hoping that any LG with joystick uses the same sequence, but looks like not.

UPD: Sorry, IT WORKED
LG 27GK750F-B service menu:
glade it worked for you just right now my display port EDID file went corrupt and reset it in service menu. With this i can finally fix it if it goes bad again

The NVRAM INIT it is to re-flash the EEPROM where the EDID is stored.

ddroppa

Post by ddroppa » 26 Sep 2019, 20:50

THANK YOU. This was so poorly explained everywhere else I could no get into the service menu. I was stuck at UHD instead of 4096x2160 with my LG 31MU97 until I was able to get in and rewrite my EDID. (after it working fine for a couple of years). I registered just to thank you for this, I was stuck without it.
fakefaketington wrote:Thanks for the manual link.

After a bit of experimentation, figured out that what they actually mean is:

* Power off the monitor (soft power-off is fine).
* Press left-left-left-right *while off* (this is the only "magic sequence" bit).
* Press the middle "select" button to power on as normal.
* When the display is on as normal, press the "select" button then press left to choose "Menu" (i.e. as normal), but "Menu" is now tied to the service menu until the next power cycle.
* To exit the service menu, scroll to the blank bar at the bottom and press "select".

Does anyone know if it's possible to control the monitor via the USB-serial device exposed via the monitor's USB hub? (it's a Texas Instruments TUSB3410 USB-serial controller, shows up as e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 on Linux).

Zathel

Post by Zathel » 07 Apr 2020, 22:51

Hello!
I am in urgent help! Please if anyone is reading this, please help!

I entered the Service menu to take a look at the colors of my LG 34Gl750-B because they were seriously out of whack. I think i entered the panel setting and swapped the name panel to another monitor's panel name.
My monitor turned off and from that point i could not turn it on. Led is still powering on and I know it's running because i can feel like entering the menus etc but no signal nor OSD nor Service menu. Just black.
If i enter the sequence for the service menu the screen turns on but again, no signal, no osd, no menu or any indications, just black screen with leds on.

Any help or insights? i just got it 2 months ago ☹️