Lightboost/ Asus TYrace free questions

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
etegv

Lightboost/ Asus TYrace free questions

Post by etegv » 25 Feb 2014, 19:33

Ok, Hi I enjoy using lightboost. Id like to know if there is more I can do to optimize it? I still notice lag input and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to minimze it.

I read that lowering the brightness to 10% also means youre lowering the HZ and thus increasing input lag. Is this true?

Also, I read a little bit about Asus Trace free. Is 60 recommended for a display with lightboost on? I read people like 40 and 80 @ 144 hz. I played around with 40 and 80 with lightboost, and I think I like 60/80 more.

thanks guys for any help.

shadman

Re: Lightboost/ Asus TYrace free questions

Post by shadman » 25 Feb 2014, 21:07

Unfortunately with Lightboost, it does add a small amount of Input Lag, in order to strobe the display when the screen is fully refreshed. One thing to make sure of is that you are using a 1000Hz mouse, as the higher rate of refreshing on the monitor means you could end up waiting for your mouse to respond before the display does.

Lowering the settings to 10% isn't necessarily the brightness toggle, but the length of the strobe flash. see this article for more information.

Asus Trace Free can be read about here, though I wouldn't have much personal experience to help you further on it.