*HELP* My 240hz Monitor Has No Motion Blur Reduction *HELP*

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
w1shl1st

*HELP* My 240hz Monitor Has No Motion Blur Reduction *HELP*

Post by w1shl1st » 14 Jun 2018, 13:07

I recently purchased on Amazon the Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2518Hf. It came at an amazing price of 325$ and was definitely a good buy for a 240hz monitor. I am concerned with this purchase because I was not aware until after the fact that It came with no blur reduction technology and that I cannot use free sync considering I have a 1070 running my system. Is blur reduction that important? Is there alternatives to the ones included? Should I return the monitor and go for a 144 with blur reduction? what is the best option at this point I would like some advice BADLY. Thank you.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: *HELP* My 240hz Monitor Has No Motion Blur Reduction *HE

Post by RealNC » 14 Jun 2018, 13:12

Since you have a 1070, you should probably be looking for a g-sync monitor.

As for whether blur reduction is important or not, that's up to you. G-sync monitors also support ULMB (it's a blur reduction mode.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

w1shl1st

Post by w1shl1st » 14 Jun 2018, 13:15

RealNC wrote:Since you have a 1070, you should probably be looking for a g-sync monitor.

As for whether blur reduction is important or not, that's up to you. G-sync monitors also support ULMB (it's a blur reduction mode.)
In the past I have not used G Sync at 60hz because it felt worse then just letting the games run at a higher fps and Have not seen the difference of Motion Blur reduction helps a lot or not. Do you have an opinion on this?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 14 Jun 2018, 14:28

w1shl1st wrote:In the past I have not used G Sync at 60hz because it felt worse then just letting the games run at a higher fps and Have not seen the difference of Motion Blur reduction helps a lot or not. Do you have an opinion on this?
I'm not sure why you would limit g-sync to 60Hz.

As for ULMB (blur reduction), my personal preference is that I use g-sync instead of ULMB if I have to choose between the two. You can't use both at the same time (there's hack to use both, but it doesn't work well.) For games where I can't maintain high FPS all the time, I use g-sync in order to get rid of stuttering and input lag. For games where I always get at least 120FPS, I use ULMB. That means that ULMB is mostly useful to me with old games and non-demanding games, where it's easy to get 120FPS all the time.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.