need help : best ips gsync monitor with low motion blur

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ahmedpc03

need help : best ips gsync monitor with low motion blur

Post by ahmedpc03 » 13 Jun 2018, 04:06

Hi

i was trying the asus pg279q, and i can say this monitor have terrible motion blur to my eyes

i was looking to get the lg 34uc89g, since this monitor have lower resolution and ultra wide this well help to have more fps comparing to the 2k resolution

was wondering if this monitor have the same motion blur or worse, or even better from your experiences

and some one says the viewsonic xg2703 also is good, but also what about the motion blur comparing to the asus one

please i need help guys, and sorry for my bad english :(

thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: need help : best ips gsync monitor with low motion blur

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Jun 2018, 12:57

Are you looking for blur performance during ULMB ON or during ULMB OFF operation?

All of the 165 Hz IPS has the same amount of motion blur. They are the lowest motion blur IPS monitors available, so you can't get any better during non-ULMB operation.

Non-ULMB situation
Motion blur limited by frame rate on sample-and-hold displays.
So 30fps at 165Hz looks the same as 30fps at 60Hz. (GSYNC, FreeSync)
To reduce motion blur, you need higher frame rate. Once you're maxed out, you're bottlenecked by two different things (1) persistence (MPRT) and (2) pixel transitions (GtG) ... If you are still dissatisfied, get TN 1ms to reduce blur a little more so all remaining motion blur is simply persistence. But you're still limited by persistence, motion blur can never be less than refresh cycle time during sample-and-hold so you need higher Hz if you don't like strobing. Full-framerate 240Hz has half the motion blur of full-framerate 120Hz.

For ULMB situation
This reduces persistence. You want frame rates matching refresh rates ... e.g. 100fps at 100Hz. Or 120fps at 120Hz. That avoids the jitteriness & avoids the double-image effects. Good CRT clarity effect.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 Jun 2018, 13:10

ahmedpc03 wrote:and some one says the viewsonic xg2703 also is good, but also what about the motion blur comparing to the asus one
It uses the same panel as the Asus monitor, so it's not going to be much different.

I'm curious however of why you're seeing blur. At 144Hz, the differences to a 144Hz TN monitor are minimal. Maybe you're running into the issue of 1440p appearing to have slightly more blur in general compared to 1080p, which has nothing to do with the display. Chief has explained this somewhere, but I can't find the post anymore.

Or maybe you were just getting a low frame rate due to 1440p being more demanding than 1080p, in which case yes, lower FPS has more blur compared to high FPS. If you're getting 90FPS on 1440p but 144FPS on 1080p, 90FPS will of course have more blur, which is why you need a fast GPU for 1440p monitors.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Jun 2018, 13:14

You can use this explanation: www.blurbusters.com/1000hz-journey
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ahmedpc03

Post by ahmedpc03 » 14 Jun 2018, 22:53

sorry for late
thank you so much Chief and RealNC

hkngo007

Post by hkngo007 » 17 Jun 2018, 01:09

Hello

I have the xg2703 and my mate has the pg279q which i have used many times. I can confirm that they basically look the same (used the ufo test as well) in terms of motion blur (while playing cs go and battlefield 1 at 170+ fps).

If u use the ulmb feature on these monitors it does reduce the blur significantly, however it also dims the monitor quite noticeably which in my opinion defeats the purpose of getting an IPS monitor (they're also more expensive).