Hi

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
vigilant

Hi

Post by vigilant » 26 Jun 2018, 19:42

Hi,

I downloaded the strobe utility but I am unable to use the program.

I am attaching the screenshot here, please let me know what I need to do to use lightboost.
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
blurbusters.png (206.47 KiB) Viewed 5568 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jun 2018, 23:37

Firstly

1. "LightBoost" is simply a brand name of a different strobe backlight. BenQ calls this "Blur Reduction" instead.
There are many brand names:

"Blur Reduction" (your monitor)
"LightBoost" (by NVIDIA)
"ULMB" – Ultra Low Motion Blur (by NVIDIA)
"ELMB" – Extreme Low Motion Blur (by ASUS)
"1ms MPRT" (by LG)
etc.

It's similar to LightBoost, but BENQ calls it something else.

Secondly

Make sure that you turn on the Blur Reduction in your menus:

Once you enable this feature, the UFOs at www.testufo.com should suddenly become very sharp.
Does this work?

Thirdly

If it does, then Strobe Utility should work correctly, follow the remaining of the instructions at http://www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility to further optimize your blur reduction.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

vigilant

Post by vigilant » 27 Jun 2018, 10:12

Hi there Chief Blur Buster,

I turned on blur reduction in the monitor.
One thing I notice is, it becomes very dim.
Secondly, when I run the strobe utility it says the same message that the screenshot says.
It's not letting me run it.
I am not sure what it should do though.
Should it let me minimize it the strobe utility?

I hope you can help me.
Thanks for your reply.

vigilant

Post by vigilant » 27 Jun 2018, 10:16

Also I went to www.testufo.com and it said a stutter warning but for the most part it said Ready.
I didn't really see a big difference for the 144fps on the website.
It seemed the same.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 27 Jun 2018, 11:27

Seems to be working perfectly fine to me. What problem are you having?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

vigilant

Post by vigilant » 27 Jun 2018, 11:59

RealNC wrote:Seems to be working perfectly fine to me. What problem are you having?
Hi,

When I run the strobe utility, it runs the image right where I can see it playing?
It still says the send the screenshot to blurbusters message.
If I want to keep it running, I can't minimize it?
Do I keep it running?
I hope you understand what I am saying.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 27 Jun 2018, 12:22

You don't need to keep it running. You adjust the settings and the monitor will remember them. They are stored in the monitor's firmware.

I don't know what the "send screenshot" message is about though or why it's displayed.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

vigilant

Post by vigilant » 27 Jun 2018, 12:35

RealNC wrote:You don't need to keep it running. You adjust the settings and the monitor will remember them. They are stored in the monitor's firmware.

I don't know what the "send screenshot" message is about though or why it's displayed.
I see.

Should I use 144hz as the refresh rate? or 120hz?
or some other rate?

Also, I enabled blur reduction in the monitor settings and the monitor become dim, less bright.
Is that normal?

Lastly, should I go to http://www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility and optimize with the instructions there?

Thanks for your replies RealNC :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 27 Jun 2018, 12:58

vigilant wrote:Should I use 144hz as the refresh rate? or 120hz?
or some other rate?
Whatever you prefer. If your games are able to run at 144FPS, then why not. If they can't, then use a refresh rate that the game's FPS can reach.
Also, I enabled blur reduction in the monitor settings and the monitor become dim, less bright.
Is that normal?
Yes. It's normal. You need to raise the monitor's brightness setting to compensate.
Lastly, should I go to http://www.blurbusters.com/strobe-utility and optimize with the instructions there?
If you get crosstalk (faint ghost images in front or behind moving objects on the screen,) then that page will teach you how to minimize the effect. If you don't actually notice any crosstalk, then you don't need to do anything.

vigilant

Post by vigilant » 27 Jun 2018, 13:00

RealNC wrote:
vigilant wrote:Should I use 144hz as the refresh rate? or 120hz?
or some other rate?
Whatever you prefer. If your games are able to run at 144FPS, then why not. If they can't, then use a refresh rate that the game's FPS can reach.
Is that normal?
Yes. It's normal. You need to raise the monitor's brightness setting to compensate.
If you get crosstalk (faint ghost images in front or behind moving objects on the screen,) then that page will teach you how to minimize the effect. If you don't actually notice any crosstalk, then you don't need to do anything.
okay thanks for your help buddy, i’ll follow as you said