Best monitor low input lag

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Rey StyleZ

Best monitor low input lag

Post by Rey StyleZ » 13 Jul 2018, 03:56

hello to all of you guys I write from Italy and I have not found a site in Italy or the gamer informed as you regarding the specifications, I wanted to ask you absolutely which is the monitor with input lag lower or equal to zero. I'm not interested in resolution or otherwise but only input lag equal to zero. after evaluating all the monitors released up to today, which one can define the best monitor in absolute as input lag?

mello

Re: Best monitor low input lag

Post by mello » 13 Jul 2018, 04:57

In short, it doesn't matter. There are many different 240Hz monitors that are performing the same when input lag is your priority. So just a pick 240Hz+G-SYNC monitor with good reviews and you are good to go.

Rey StyleZ

Post by Rey StyleZ » 13 Jul 2018, 05:17

I say there is an absolute winner monitor?

mello

Post by mello » 13 Jul 2018, 09:06

Maybe there is, but in reality it doesn't really matter. I assume you are playing online and you want lowest input lag possible for an FPS shooter that you playing, right ? If thats the case, then the monitor that you will choose (240Hz+G-SYNC) doesn't really matter, so choose the one that you prefer (size - 24" or 27" for example), the one that looks best to you and has best reviews and least issues reported.

For online FPS shooters the most important thing is your online network performance (UDP packets), and that varies a lot worldwide, and it is independent of your ping and internet speed. If you know that you don't have any problems whatsoever (strange lags during fights for example, hit registration issues, non smooth aiming, and other similar problems that affect your in-game performance) than you are in the clear, just buy 240Hz+G-SYNC monitor and you are good to go. But if you have one those issues in your FPS game, then monitor with "lowest input lag" won't fix you problems, and no other hardware will.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 Jul 2018, 22:14

Rey StyleZ wrote:hi guys I wanted to ask you which is the monitor with the lowest input lag for Xbox one X, regardless of resolution, budget and more.
They're all about the same. Except for some 240Hz models that have input lag at lower refresh rates.

In general, any gaming monitor you can buy will have no input lag worth mentioning. So just find a monitor you like and then read the reviews on it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Rey StyleZ

Post by Rey StyleZ » 14 Jul 2018, 06:19

a 240hz brings benefits even if the console goes to 60hz?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 14 Jul 2018, 08:12

Rey StyleZ wrote:a 240hz brings benefits even if the console goes to 60hz?
No. It has no benefits whatsoever. The XBox One S and X recently added experimental support for 120Hz though, so that might be a consideration. They also added support for FreeSync, but it currently only works at 60Hz though and I don't know if Microsoft will add support for 120Hz freesync later on. The main use right now are 60Hz 4K freesync displays for the X:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LBOg-NcPQ
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Rey StyleZ

Post by Rey StyleZ » 14 Jul 2018, 13:25

you tell me absolutely the monitor with less input lag? your personal opinion

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 15 Jul 2018, 00:07

Rey StyleZ wrote:you tell me absolutely the monitor with less input lag? your personal opinion
Nobody knows, because different reviewers use different methods to test input lag.

Also, please don't open multiple threads with the same question.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 03 Aug 2018, 17:44

RealNC wrote:Except for some 240Hz models that have input lag at lower refresh rates.
I'm curious which ones?