Asus PG27U and Acer X27 Impressions (4k/144hz/features)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
darzo

Asus PG27U and Acer X27 Impressions (4k/144hz/features)

Post by darzo » 02 Aug 2018, 23:07

The Micro Center is currently selling the Asus model for $200 off so I decided to pick one up. Make no mistake about it, the only thing that makes any sense of the price of this monitor is its High Dynamic Range capability (and full array local dimming if that feature is critical to realizing HDR). 4k and whatever color improvement there is may be noticeable but I don't find it striking. Non-HDR games look better but there is a fair bit to be desired and the upgrade for them exclusively doesn't make much sense. And to be honest Overwatch looks rather whitewashed to me, which I did not expect with this monitor. That's pretty disappointing (World of Warcraft looked fine though and was sharper, perhaps somewhat more vivid but I think clearly HDR isn't present there; I saw what HDR does with Destiny 2). Fortunately I'm inclined to think HDR support will become standard now that new gaming monitors will be capable of it. I also expect a variety of games to support it, not just the cinematic kind.

There's good and bad news on the problems front. The two buyer-claimed major problems pertaining to the monitor itself are fan noise and haloing or any manifestation of the local dimming zones, when you move the mouse against a dark background for instance. The good news is these problems seem overstated, in my case at least. The fan is audible. If you value silence then I can understand how this would piss you off. But especially if you wear headphones I think game sound alone drowns it out. Desktop use is where it could become problematic, but frankly I'm finding it to blend in with computer noise and even sound leaking out of my headphones made me unable to pick it up from my computer leaning back in my chair. Tolerances and perhaps even fans may vary but in my opinion you shouldn't be that afraid of it. So far I can't notice the local dimming zones, nor am I picking up on disturbing backlight bleeding or whatever. A third commonly brought up potential issue is what happens to the picture when you go above 98hz, especially overclocking to 144hz. I didn't see a difference, but I wasn't looking very critically, for long, or across different games. It's a little surprising to say this but I think LinusTechTips gives a fair impression relative to my experience so far.

The bad news is, unexpectedly, this is a remarkably sub-par monitor for desktop use, and this extends well beyond whether Windows scaling or certain apps make text look a little blurry. Without enabling HDR through Windows it's dumpster-tier. I have maxed out the brightness, contrast won't do you much good, color temp values maxed out, and brightest gamma along with maximum dark boost. It strikingly sucks. The picture is quite dark and there appears to be nothing special about the colors. So you enable HDR. Now the wallpaper looks right, but then you're screwed. Brightness is replaced by a grayed out 1000 nits Peak White and a variable Reference Whites that goes up to 300. The two issues are the color white and Google Chrome. If you raise the reference whites a white background starts to become blinding, or literally unpleasant. If you lower or keep the reference whites low to contain the white the picture, and especially videos, suffer. Google Chrome is very weird. It seemingly automatically makes an adjustment to contain whites, but this appears to affect everything. Even at 300 nits there's basically a veil over everything. It's pretty off-putting and very different from the Windows browser for instance. So far I'm not finding a setting to correct and disable this and I might even be forced to change browsers. Very stupid. I would very much welcome assistance.

My first several-hour impression with other good quality gaming monitors fresh on my mind is that this is a very HDR gaming-centric monitor. Outside of this context the monitor is unequivocally not worth it and a joke for general/practical use unlike the other gaming monitors I have or have tried. But, I think HDR will become much more widely supported and this monitor in particular will be the pinnacle of gaming picture quality at a respectable refresh rate over the next two years, its resolution giving it the edge over the coming 1440 ultrawide monitors that may be making further compromises to reach 200hz. You can even argue its size minimizes a negative effect of local dimming zones in addition to having greater pixel density relative to the same monitor being released at say 32-35 inches, as will probably happen next year (although I may mostly be indulging in wishful thinking). So at the moment I'm inclined to keep this monitor. Would still greatly appreciate assistance with Chrome or thoughtful tips.

PS

I have an idea what's happening with Overwatch, why it looks whitewashed and questionable. It's actually very interesting. Seems to relate to HDR. At 144hz HDR is off and the picture looks poorly (keep in mind that changing the monitor's refresh rate didn't have a significant effect in World of Warcraft and I think HDR remains... very interesting, HDR is actually on in World of Warcraft at both 120hz and 144hz). At 120hz or 98hz HDR comes on and the picture looks nice, except if I head into an actual game environment like the training mode for instance. If I press escape the menu pops up and HDR turns on, making the game environment in the background look good. As soon as I press escape again to return to the game environment exclusively the picture reverts to worse quality. Here's a doozie. I took screenshots to report and document the problem. The screenshot of the non-HDR gamescreen comes out in HDR quality when I paste it, same quality as the menu with game environment in the background. And it gets even more interesting. That terrible gray veil that is present only on Chrome is gone in a screenshot too. What's happening?

Turning off HDR from Windows renders my wallpaper similar to how the game looks. The gamma is probably what accounts for the whitewashing as I've been trying to compensate for the darkness of SDR with this monitor. There's no winning either way, this monitor in significant ways may just look worse than other monitors in SDR. It's strange how inherently off the picture is. I wonder how other games interact with it. Funny thing is I've seen people claim that turning off HDR helps whereas I'm having the opposite problem. Setting the gamma to a medium value and using the in-game brightness scale of Overwatch rebalances the picture sufficiently. So my wallpaper looks ridiculously dark, which threw me off, but I can get a game like Overwatch with internal brightness to look decent in SDR. The thing is some videos look way too dark too and on certain pages the darkness is unusual. Quirky monitor. Unfortunately a picture doesn't do justice to the big difference I'm seeing between a pg278qr (1440 165hz TN panel) being brighter at darker settings- 20 less brightness, 2.5 gamma vs 2.2, 90 rgb vs 100 rgb. Very weird.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Asus PG27U and Acer X27 Impressions (4k/144hz/features)

Post by RealNC » 04 Aug 2018, 00:57

darzo wrote:A third commonly brought up potential issue is what happens to the picture when you go above 98hz, especially overclocking to 144hz. I didn't see a difference, but I wasn't looking very critically, for long, or across different games. It's a little surprising to say this but I think LinusTechTips gives a fair impression relative to my experience so far.
Isn't the 98Hz thing only relevant for HDR? In SDR, you can get 120Hz without color subsampling, right?
The bad news is, unexpectedly, this is a remarkably sub-par monitor for desktop use, and this extends well beyond whether Windows scaling or certain apps make text look a little blurry.
Are you using 144Hz? As mentioned above, 120Hz SDR should give you full color. Subsampling does result in blurrier text. Also, 120Hz is the superior refresh rate for desktop use (as it doesn't have micro-stutter in video playback.)
Without enabling HDR through Windows it's dumpster-tier. I have maxed out the brightness, contrast won't do you much good, color temp values maxed out, and brightest gamma along with maximum dark boost. It strikingly sucks. The picture is quite dark and there appears to be nothing special about the colors.
Doesn't the monitor have gamma adjustment? Try going to gamma 2.0 instead of 2.2.

In any event, when I switched to an IPS display, I did notice an overall darker image. However, this is actually how it's supposed to look like. All TN panels I ever owned had a quite incorrect gamma curve. Coupled with the better contrast and deeper blacks, the image will look darker. But again, this is how it's supposed to look like. If you use a high brightness setting, you now get "blinded" by the white areas of the image. With high contrast displays and accurate gamma 2.2 tracking, it's now very important to use the correct brightness for your display. That is, about 120 cd/m² for normal room lighting conditions, about 190 for sunlit rooms with many open windows, and less than 100 for dim lit rooms.

Look up the reviews of this monitor to find what brightness setting gives you 120 cd/m².
So you enable HDR.
No, don't do that for the desktop. The desktop is simply not made for that and it's implemented in an extremely kludgy way. HDR really is for movies and games. Not for the desktop.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

darzo

Post by darzo » 04 Aug 2018, 04:19

In SDR both 98hz and 120hz have a color depth of 8 bpc, format of RGB444, and full range. Neither makes a differences to how dim/dark the monitor is and in my very cursory comparison with HDR enabled in a game I didn't see a difference in picture quality between the different refresh rates. I should look at that closer and focus on Destiny 2 where HDR is fully supported. The blurry text seen on different apps is a result of Windows scaling. I've gone to 1.8 gamma and that doesn't make much of a difference to the desktop darkness. I've seen a youtube comparison of the 1440 165hz IPS vs TN monitors and IPS vs TN is not at all it, although you're right the IPS monitor was a little darker in a way. This is dramatic. The very bright whiteness, accordingly, occurs only in HDR. I don't need to look up any reviews, you need to read what I'm describing- I've maxed brightness out in SDR to no avail. I take it you don't have this monitor. Yes, I absolutely have to enable HDR for desktop. The brightness changes dramatically and basically allows the monitor to look right (it looks very wrong in SDR). Given that HDR is enabled through Windows I'd imagine it's fine for desktop, on top of what my eyes actually see.

One interesting observation is that when HDR is enabled 120hz actually has worse color depth than 144hz- 8 vs 10 bpc as displayed in the OSD. The format for 144hz is YCbCr422, however, and the range is limited, whereas 120hz is RGB444 and full range. The only difference between 98hz and 120hz is the color depth going up to 10 bpc, same format. I guess color subsampling refers to depth rather than format, which I was under the impression should be changing between the two. But then 144hz being at the same color depth as 98hz doesn't seem right.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 04 Aug 2018, 06:37

Color subsampling doesn't refer to color depth. It's basically that you get 1080p resolution for the color information, and 4K for luminance. You do get 4K pixels, but the colors themselves are subsampled from 1080p.

In other words, imagine you have two images, one 4K and the other 1080p. The 4K image is grayscale. The 1080p one is in color. Now imagine you upscale the 1080p image to 4K and use the colors from that to color the grayscale 4K image. You still get all the 4K pixels, but the colors of each pixel match the 1080p image.

In most cases you won't notice, except for cases where there's fine detail that you already know how it's supposed to look like. Text is a prime example.

So I think it's perfectly normal to be able to get 10-bit color at 144Hz. No idea what's going on with 120Hz though :-/
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

darzo

Post by darzo » 04 Aug 2018, 12:30

So where would color subsampling be reflected? I was under the impression it would be the format as it includes 444 and 422 but it's always the same for 98hz and 120hz. The range is full for both as well. The way you describe the effect strikes me as things being rougher as opposed to blurrier as if the color of each pixel matches 1080 then there should be more edges to things given 1080 is less precise. That's interesting. I've yet to notice it but again I haven't focused on it. Text, where unaffected by Windows scaling, strikes me as clear though. There are definitely quirks to this monitor so far. Now when I turn on the computer the whiteness isn't an issue and Chrome seems balanced relative to the Microsoft browser and other screens with a white backcolor. The monitor may not be as bright in general but I highly doubt it's as dark as SDR. But if I turn overclocking off to go down to 120hz the bright white and the veiled Chrome return. Reenabling overclocking and going back to 144hz maintains the picture. I figure most of this stuff is software related.

darzo

Post by darzo » 05 Aug 2018, 01:36

Just discovered what Wide Gamut vs sRGB under Display SDR Input does. Had tried it on desktop and it did virtually nothing, but I saw the TFT review mention it and tried it in Overwatch. Wow! If you had told me this is HDR in Overwatch I would've believed you without a doubt. Very vivid colors. It's borderline gaudy and ridiculous but makes SDR a sight to behold (unfortunately not a general brightness fix, and I'm starting to get worried something may be afoot with my unit). Quite impressive and in my opinion increases the value of the monitor significantly. No clue why the default is set to sRGB when you can't even see the effect of Wide Gamut on desktop. I think I might actually start to really like this. It's definitely quite something. The thing is some maps seems to become too dark whereas others too bright. Note that I'm playing on the lowest settings in Overwatch, except I'm getting a picture that surpasses epic settings on other monitors.

Reading further down in that review apparently Wide Gamut is supposed to be a part of HDR, accounting for better colors, at least to some extent. That makes a lot of sense as mere contrast didn't seem like enough to explain HDR. It also means this monitor is probably a big upgrade for SDR content too! I've also gone ahead and lowered the reference whites to 168. Chrome sucks but spares my eyes with text for extended periods of time. I do disagree with the claimed extent of desktop hdr incompatibility.

I'm also deranking like a tumbling rock. Normally I play on a 27-inch 240hz Acer. I can't really figure out why though as it feels quite ok. It certainly felt sluggish at first. Really want to stay consistent. Finally VESA mounted it though, hopefully that corrects things as I prefer having my hand under the monitor.

O no, there's a resonance/coil whine when VESA mounted, it's pretty clear...

darzo

Post by darzo » 05 Aug 2018, 19:02

I left the computer on while I slept so the fan would keep working hoping that the coil whine/resonance/high pitched noise would abate. It didn't, and I did use the little legs that came with the monitor for VESA mounting. I exchanged it for the Acer X27. Initially I was impressed. I thought it performed significantly smoother and felt at ease. No slight disruption when panning/turning quickly like I've noticed with the Asus and sort of flawless in motion by comparison too. On desktop the picture in SDR was fine too, unless I overclocked to 144hz. Then the Acer looks like the Asus in SDR, dark. In HDR on desktop things looked better too. The whiteness was not an issue. Chrome was still quite veiled but the Acer, unlike the Asus, was fine for desktop. Furthermore, in Overwatch it struck me as more realistic in color. Their I presume sRGB/Wide Gamut is poorly labeled as the option is only to turn sRGB on or off but when it's off, and I presume in Wide Gamut, while the colors are more... colory, they aren't borderline gaudy. I also didn't need to boost the in-game brightness as much even overclocked.

But then things went south, hard. In fact, I'm now inclined to think the Asus actually has a substantially better picture, even in SDR (I would attribute the gaudiness more to Overwatch). I went to Destiny 2 in HDR. I had already noticed right off the bat as the computer turns on with a predominantly black screen that the Acer's black allows in light. The Asus seemed to actually do black. I noted that. Even inside the boxes I could feel the Asus weighing more, and I now suspect the FALD implementation in the Asus is superior. I think the monitor is bulkier too, and I have picked up and held both monitors without their stands so I'm rather confident the Asus has something more in it. In Destiny 2 in HDR the Acer didn't look as vivid, lively, and dynamic. Boosting colors screwed with the picture as much as it tried to make it look more at you, if not more. Unlike in Overwatch the Asus didn't strike me as possibly over the top, just as really, [really] good. The Acer looked more ordinary, and I could also tell that I was playing at low graphics settings, which never occurred to me with the Asus. It also seemed to bug out. The reticle had colors in it and the sky bugged out big time when turning HDR off in-game. A few other glitches seemed to appear as well. Nothing of the sort in Overwatch. I tried the Acer in WoW as well, where HDR is enabled somehow without an option, and again I thought the picture wasn't as vivid (and bright, interestingly). The Acer locks reference whites to I think 97 nits but that doesn't account for the difference, and I disliked that lock. It actually seems to have a few less options, and the OSD isn't as informative and labeled in instances as well as the Asus'.

I recall reading somewhere that the Asus supposedly picked up a couple of certifications that the Acer doesn't have. If this is true it wouldn't surprise me, although based on a previous experience with 240hz monitors I expected Acer to do better than Asus and they would've been my first choice, unluckily it turns out. I know some people stubbornly claim because the panels come from the same source monitors are essentially identical but in two instances that hasn't been my experience. I also think TFT have a few Acer models test with lower/better lag or pixel transition than an Asus counterpart. My impression that the Acer was essentially flawless in motion unlike the Asus remained but my performance in Overwatch didn't improve in the couple of games I played.

Acer's handling of VESA mounting is truly boneheaded. The youtube guys didn't mount monitors incorrectly, the provided plate indeed places the solid metal part right behind the monitor. The way the screw holes are done you can't flip it. It's idiotic, and if I'm not mistaken something they have changed, although clearly without updating everywhere. Not to mention their stand seems to be right against the fan too, which surprised me. I just put the monitor right on my VESA stand, which at least provided one opening at the bottom. Initially the Acer was quieter than the Asus, then it became louder, both in rpms moving air and the high pitch noise. Pretty fucking pathetic for $2000 if you ask me. Unacceptable.

Switching back to my 240hz 27-inch monitor it becomes clear that competitively these 4k monitors are inferior. It's not all that close. It's all about the picture with these. The frame rate is just to make the experience better, not to put these monitors on par with 240hz TN monitors, even at 1920x1080. In more realistic games where long distance shooting in less clear environments may be a huge deal it's possible these monitors make up some/a lot of ground, but as I feared from the start these are not all-around the best monitors. Based on my experience I would also strongly advise to go with Asus in this instance. The advantage between the two units I've tried seems substantial. I think the Asus would give you more your money's worth as long as what you're really chasing is picture. If Acer, on the flipside, has made their monitor to perform better when it comes to motion, what a shame. This is kind of a clown show at this much money, and I wouldn't blindly trust what even TFT are writing. I've seen this with headphones. Reviewers, unfortunately, are not fully independent. When the manufacturer is giving you graphics cards and maybe the monitor itself you're going to feel some pressure to be more favorable and less critical. Numbers aren't everything. It takes certain people to remain truly impartial and critical, and those people tend to stick out. I'd be curious to see if anything pans out in an Acer X27 review, whenever that may happen.

Obviously I'll be returning the Acer. What I need to figure out is whether to request getting the Asus unit back or to just get a refund and move on, for the time being at least. I've read that Asus are aware of fan noise and may be working on something. The thing is while their super-expensive monitor may be the king of picture it's not the king of performance. So is it really worth? Depending on what people play it definitely would be for some, not sure it is for me although I may cave in and get it back. I do have a TN 1440 165hz monitor as well. The 1440 200hz ultrawide monitors become more appealing, although there are question marks with them too. How well is 200hz going to perform on VA panels, and how worse might the picture be without IPS and at 1440? Ultrawide of course is the key draw.

I'm disappointed. Might end up keeping a lot of money though.

PS

I'll also say this much- although unfortunately I can't compare against the Asus again, I don't think these $2k monitors (let alone the Acer) blow the currently $590-$700 1440 165hz monitors out of the water. I have the Asus pg278qr, which is not even the IPS panel. It's fine. Just tried it in WoW and Destiny 2. Remember how Asus were caught in a false juxtaposition, a side-by-side of two monitors with greatly differing settings to make the pg27uq look awesome? A proper side-by-side might surprise you. The pg278qr picture looks quite alright to me. I've been tempted to get the pg27uq back but now it seems pretty silly. That whining noise is so annoying. My Acer XB272 crushes the pg27uq in Overwatch, and the pg278qr looks just fine in other games. HDR is definitely something and wide gamut can be pretty impressive too but for $2k I think these monitors give a questionable return. At the very least they shouldn't have been so stupid and complacent with the fans. Constant high pitch noise when VESA mounted is completely unacceptable.

...We need more exciting stuff in our lives.

darzo

Post by darzo » 06 Aug 2018, 00:29

I have nothing better to do so before returning the Acer X27 I'll compare it directly to the Asus PG278QR.

https://ibb.co/eCp9dz

That dark bloom against the white background is real, folks! Horrendous. Can you believe this is being sold? It also turns out that the "Ref. white" isn't locked to one value, it's locked depending on the "mode" or preset, and you can't do much about the different modes, including "User" as far as I can tell. Most options are grayed out in HDR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clear and unacceptable crap aside, I have both monitors connected simultaneously and am flipping between the two first in World of Warcraft. The Acer has HDR turned on, but I reiterate, the Asus was better. Don't buy the X27 unless I have gotten a really crappy unit; play it safe. Unless you have had both of these monitors you may not know any better. My experience has to be refuted. Anyway, what catches my attention is better contrast and sharpness with the X27 vs the pg278qr. The pg278qr is not whitewashed, but it's generally brighter. The X27 can display brighter areas as well, but it clearly displays darker areas where they are probably meant to be darker. This doesn't just apply to very dark areas, for instance, I'm looking at the floor of a ship under a clear starry sky in WoW with lights on the ship. Think of a bright night. I would imagine the X27 displays this more as intended and I would guess this is indicative of a capability to display more variation in settings. The pg278qr actually displays it remarkably brighter. This probably detracts from the overall experience as you're always looking at brighter renderings. You'd get more variety and realism with the X27. To be honest though, not sure how worthwhile the difference is. The increased sharpness is clear and nice but it's not that great of a difference. I'm not seeing much insofar as colors go. It should be pointed out I'm just switching back and forth in a particular spot. Let me even say this- as far as the contrast goes, it wouldn't surprise me if some people prefer the pg278qr here. The X27 comes off as perhaps a little too dark, realistic or not. I also recall the pg27uq being generally much brighter in HDR.

Similar to the bloom/haloing around the black OSD against a white background, the DisplayPort connection icon in the top right corner against a black background also has clear bloom/haloing.

Going to Destiny 2 where there is clear HDR support, lol, check out this effect:

https://ibb.co/niSvJz

There's an actual pattern under whatever the hell that is. You can't see it obviously. This unit was manufactured in May, whereas its Asus counterpart in June. That's no excuse, just a detail. Is it possible that this is perhaps a quirk of "OSD" elements and not indicative of anything practically significant? Possibly. How the hell do you let this happen on a $2000 monitor though?

For whatever reason Destiny 2 reduced in size against a black background and haloing is apparent at the edges. It's not too bad, in fairness, and I haven't seen it in games so far but I have very little time on the monitor and have not sought out producing it. Did not notice any of this stuff on the Asus.

As I'm describing some of this stuff you might think that the Acer's picture is terrible. It isn't. But comparing to the intrinsically SDR picture of the pg278qr in Destiny 2, it is not worth $1400 more. Not by any stretch of the diminishing returns imagination. Also, I'm getting plenty of darkness on the pg278qr in Destiny 2, don't think that the pg278qr is constantly bright based on a previous paragraph. I'm trying. Overall, the difference between the x27 and pg278qr in Destiny 2, where HDR should be fully supported and thus where the x27 should shine, is disappointing. Again, keep in mind Asus has been caught falsely comparing two such monitors at very different settings to make the new one look much better by contrast. More good comparisons are needed. By the way, I get a little rectangle behind my red dot, which looks alright this time, on the Acer whereas the pg278qr is clean. I recall the pg27uq being much better than this. I didn't compare it to the pg278qr, and it turns out Destiny 2 looks pretty good on that monitor too, but I recall being impressed.

Stay away from the Acer model unless you see enough evidence to the contrary of what is posted here. I don't know what to do. I'm reading a little bit that 200hz with a VA panel might be a shitshow, which wouldn't surprise me at all at this point. The picture of the pg27uq checks out but it's not a competitive monitor in a game like Overwatch, might have practically worse performance than the x27 in motion, and I can't VESA mount it, which is important for me because I perform best with my hand under the monitor. So it turns into a picture indulgence... and for so much money. What a bummer.

darzo

Post by darzo » 07 Aug 2018, 00:50

Here's an opportunity for the Chief to flex his muscle perhaps. Why is a 27-inch 240hz TN 1920x1080 monitor so much better for playing Widowmaker in Overwatch as an example versus a 27-inch 144hz IPS 4k monitor like these two? I use GSYNC with a cap of 3 under the refresh rate. I'm gaining back my skill rating easily at the moment whereas I was dropping with no end in sight over the past few days, and felt helpless and overwhelmed at times, like I was outclassed or it was futile. I was hoping in vain that the increased sharpness and clarity would compensate but unfortunately/fortunately it's not close. What gives? It certainly seems like the people who like to argue that the differences involved here are minute and could apply only to professional players couldn't be more wrong, yet I don't know how to read the numbers. TFT Central is one place that will throw a lot of numbers at you, which happens in a lot of places, but I've yet to see someone put those numbers in proper context. I.e. the numbers don't have apparent or obvious meaning.

mello

Post by mello » 07 Aug 2018, 02:06

darzo wrote:I'm gaining back my skill rating easily at the moment whereas I was dropping with no end in sight over the past few days, and felt helpless and overwhelmed at times, like I was outclassed or it was futile. I was hoping in vain that the increased sharpness and clarity would compensate but unfortunately/fortunately it's not close. What gives?
Placebo IMO. Overwatch is quite a complex game and you can't judge the monitor performance based on your skill rating and experience one day vs the other day. This is 6vs6 game and there were many different scenarios at play of why you were losing or winning matches. It depends on the skill of your team vs skill of the other team, sometimes you just can't win the game, just because you got lower skilled players in your team and no matter what you will do you won't win the match. The composition of your team vs the comp of the other team also matters... if you have 1 healer vs 2 healers for example, 4 dps and no tanks vs proper comp etc. Counterpicks also do matter sometimes, for example if the other team switches to monkey to counter you, and your team is not helping you when monkey jumps on you. Or if the other team have snipers and YOUR team is unable to counter them. Also, if you lose a lot of matches and drop rating, you will get easier matches because of that = you will be playing with and against lower ranked players.

You should know that the kind of comparison you did is kinda a waste of time, because there are many different things at play that affect your results in a game and the monitor you are using it far far down on that list.