Using Acer GN246HL with Xbox One S

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
aelzufon

Using Acer GN246HL with Xbox One S

Post by aelzufon » 16 Jul 2018, 16:45

I just got an Acer GN246HL and want to know the best settings/setup to use with my Xbox One S.

I don’t really know a whole lot about this so just looking for some help with enabling light boost and any other settings.

Thanks for the help!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Using Acer GN246HL with Xbox One S

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jul 2018, 02:06

You cannot enable LightBoost with the XBox One. It is DRM-locked to NVIDIA products and can only be enabled when connected to a PC GPU.

You need a different brand-name strobe backlight technology that is video-card-independent if you want to use blur reduction with the XBox one.

That said, you may still be able to use 120Hz (non-VRR, non-strobed) -- though it will take time before many XB1 games fully enable the 120Hz support.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Using Acer GN246HL with Xbox One S

Post by RealNC » 24 Oct 2018, 07:04

jasonbernat wrote:I'm trying to connect my Xbox One to my ASUS VG27AH monitor. The Xbox and monitor are connected directly by HDMI but my monitor is telling me there's no signal. I expect I'm overlooking something simple here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Try switching the monitor to HDMI manually. Maybe the autodetection is disabled.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.