LightBoost on lower resolution

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Draculz

LightBoost on lower resolution

Post by Draculz » 09 Dec 2018, 06:17

Hello, anyone knows, how i can set that LightBoost will work on any resolution below 1920x1080 ?
I have Nvidia graphic card and using ToastyX Strobelight app.

Thanks.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: LightBoost on lower resolution

Post by RealNC » 09 Dec 2018, 22:23

Force GPU scaling in the nvidia panel.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Draculz

Post by Draculz » 10 Dec 2018, 02:39

I figured out how to fix it. I just add custom resolution that i want to use in game via Nvidia control panel and set it to 120hz.

Works perfect! :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 10 Dec 2018, 02:47

Draculz wrote:I figured out how to fix it. I just add custom resolution that i want to use in game via Nvidia control panel and set it to 120hz.

Works perfect! :)
I'm pretty certain that this is exactly the same as forcing GPU scaling though :-) Adding a new custom mode just means you get GPU scaling from that mode to the native mode of the monitor, because the monitor does not support the new mode.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.