"Set up G-SYNC" option not showing in NVIDIA

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
danN1

"Set up G-SYNC" option not showing in NVIDIA

Post by danN1 » 24 Dec 2018, 17:08

Hi everyone and Marry Christmas (for those who celebrate it).

My problem is pretty much as the title says.

Bit of background:
- GPU: NVIDIA 1060 3GB (that supposedly has G-Sync) https://www.wootware.co.za/palit-geforc ... -card.html

-Current monitor: ASUS VE248 (generic 60hz monitor) connected over DVI.

I'm looking to upgrade this monitor to a G-Sync monitor very soon. However, just to make sure 101% that my GPU does have G-SYNC, when I go to NVIDIA control panel there is no Set up G-SYNC option on the side. I tried to turn on G-SYNC indicator by: Clicking Display in the top menu> Select G-SYNC Indicator; nonetheless, under "Display" there is just an "Identify displays" option.

My assumption is that first a G-SYNC monitor must be connected over DP in order for the "Set up G-SYNC" to appear.

But I don't know for sure, so I'm asking you guys what is happening. Much appreciated.
Attachments
nogsync.PNG
nogsync.PNG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
Last edited by danN1 on 25 Dec 2018, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: "Set up G-SYNC" option not showing in NVIDIA

Post by RealNC » 24 Dec 2018, 20:10

Don't worry, your GPU fully supports G-Sync. The option will appear in the nvidia panel when you connect a G-Sync monitor through DisplayPort:

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

danN1

Re: "Set up G-SYNC" option not showing in NVIDIA

Post by danN1 » 25 Dec 2018, 04:10

RealNC wrote:Don't worry, your GPU fully supports G-Sync. The option will appear in the nvidia panel when you connect a G-Sync monitor through DisplayPort:

Alright then, thanks a lot. :D