csgo nvidia v-sync

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Abiak

csgo nvidia v-sync

Post by Abiak » 25 Dec 2018, 14:46

I used to play csgo with g-sync + v-sync + fps cap 141.
Recently I changed motherboard and meanwhile they updated the game, now nvidia v-sync is making me lag, stutter or freezing for 1-2 seconds, this happens a couple of times per game.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: csgo nvidia v-sync

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Dec 2018, 16:54

Moving this thread to the Input Lag Forum, as there may be more replies there.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Dec 2018, 16:25

Does it still happen if you disable g-sync?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Abiak

Post by Abiak » 26 Dec 2018, 18:02

Yes, today it has not happened many times, something like 8 times in 6 games.
Sometimes when I die I think there is that "hitching" you told me about.
Also sometimes when I kill someone or when I die sound becomes very low for 1-2 seconds, I did not remember something like that.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Dec 2018, 18:06

Well, if it happens even without g-sync, then it seems the new csgo update is to blame.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Abiak

Post by Abiak » 30 Dec 2018, 15:54

I think I fixed the lag, it was the autoexec file... however I still have the sound issue, basically sometimes I kill someone -> a music starts for a second -> in that second the shooting sound almost disappears, this happens 1-2 times per game. I tried to ask on Steam if this is "normal" but nobody answers...

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Dec 2018, 17:03

The autoexec config file for a specific game you mean?

Diagnosing a glitch can sometimes be touch, sometimes you need to literally write 10 pages plus screenshots before a solution is achieved. Obscure problems are hard to troubleshoot in just a few sentences -- it's just the nature of the game (pun intended) -- and it's doubly challenging if writing is difficult (typing, explaining, English not first language, or other reason).

Glad your problem is (mostly) fixed!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Abiak

Post by Abiak » 30 Dec 2018, 19:23

Yes, usually people in CSGO create the autoexec file so they can check damage and tickrate.
Like I said in the other threads my PC has some issues (nvidia drivers with Firefox and white icons, virtual surround delayed etc.), however I analyzed it and should have no issues:
-Windows Disk Error Checking = no errors for both SSD and HDD
-Samsung Magician = disk conditions good
-Crystal Disk INFO = disks conditions good
-Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool = no errors
-IntelBurnTest = stable system
-MemTest86 = no errors
-Windows memory diagnostics = no errors
-CMD sfc /scannow = no violation
-Antivirus = no issue
-GPU benchmark is fine
-Steam game's cache = verified
-Steam download's cache = I cleaned it
-Windows cleanmgr = I cleaned it
-Defrag = done
-Drivers, firmware and bios are updated.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Dec 2018, 21:26

Speculating....Not sure if CS:GO issue or audio issue.

Possible issues:
- Audio driver or equipment problems (if sound is glitchy in other games too)
- Bug in new CS:GO update (if others are having similar issues with same audio)

To figure out if it is a CS:GO update related issue, try testing:
- Test a different audio device (e.g. try USB audio device, or try HDMI audio using NVIDIA/AMD drivers).
Often, many computers have a 2nd audio output device that uses different audio drivers; many GPU drivers include built-in audio drivers because of the need for HDMI audio support (e.g. piping sound over HDMI to a HDTV). This can be useful for bypassing a problematic motherboard audio driver.

Abiak

Post by Abiak » 31 Dec 2018, 11:12

I tried with speakers and jack headphones, onboard audio, monitor's audio, usb headphones: same issue.
I found some old threads which claim to have the same issue and I thought "ok, it must be the game" but then I started to have sound issues in other games too.