Acer GN246HL

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
kingeryck

Acer GN246HL

Post by kingeryck » 06 Jan 2019, 21:12

So I was following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgzae7pH5BM and after I hit reset64, my screen went nuts. I could only see half the screen, and it was flickering like crazy and had these lines in it. I had to reboot and do the reset-all and restart64 numerous times to get it to where it looks normal. The LED on monitor is still green and I can't access the OSD. I still don't have 144 back as an option on the nvidia control panel How do I a) reset it completely or b) fix this?

When I tried instead following the instructions on the website, the 3d setup wizard made my display go nuts.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Acer GN246HL

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2019, 02:44

Try full unplug of monitor and replug.
Try running "reset-all.exe" that came with ToastyX.
Try another resolution such as 1024x768 or a low refresh rate like 60Hz -- using Windows.

I am not sure what happened to your monitor, but it may be a unit with a defective NVIDIA LightBoost.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!