g-sync + ULMB

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Kaggewas

g-sync + ULMB

Post by Kaggewas » 04 Jan 2019, 05:19

I have ULMB technology, what is it for? Many people use g-sync + ulmb, is it better than just g-sync?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: g-sync + ULMB

Post by RealNC » 04 Jan 2019, 06:59

SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2019, 21:44

Yes, look at http://www.testufo.com and then turn on ULMB. You'll see the motion blur disappear.

For some, it is amazing to see CRT-clarity motion, when you see it for the first time. One con is the harsh multi-image artifacts of framerates lower than Hz, so you really need extremely good stutter control -- and synchronized framerate matching refresh rate -- to make ULMB look good in games. It's wonderful for scrolly games like RTS but less good for people who only stare at crosshairs in CS:GO. Benefits of ULMB is game-dependant.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

cacs1985

Post by cacs1985 » 09 Jan 2019, 07:55

Will the ULMB works with an AMD graphic card?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Jan 2019, 08:07

cacs1985 wrote:Will the ULMB works with an AMD graphic card?
No. ULMB is implemented in the g-sync module and it will refuse to work on non-nvidia GPUs.

(At least that's what people who tried have reported. I don't have an AMD card to test this myself.)
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

cacs1985

Post by cacs1985 » 09 Jan 2019, 08:13

RealNC wrote:
cacs1985 wrote:Will the ULMB works with an AMD graphic card?
No. ULMB is implemented in the g-sync module and it will refuse to work on non-nvidia GPUs.

(At least that's what people who tried have reported. I don't have an AMD card to test this myself.)
Maybe this is wrong place to ask, but does blur reduction feature from Freesinc monitor work nvidia graphic card ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Jan 2019, 08:17

cacs1985 wrote:Maybe this is wrong place to ask, but does blur reduction feature from Freesinc monitor work nvidia graphic card ?
Yes. Freesync monitors that have a blur reduction function will work with any GPU.

cacs1985

Post by cacs1985 » 09 Jan 2019, 08:21

RealNC wrote:
cacs1985 wrote:Maybe this is wrong place to ask, but does blur reduction feature from Freesinc monitor work nvidia graphic card ?
Yes. Freesync monitors that have a blur reduction function will work with any GPU.

TYVM ,sir!