Asus Announces ProArt PQ22UC OLED!

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
rasmas

Re: Asus Announces ProArt PQ22UC OLED!

Post by rasmas » 31 Jan 2018, 10:40

I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

Hope when they said "under $1000" they mean way under $1000, less than $400 xD .

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 01 Feb 2018, 09:16

rasmas wrote:I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

Hope when they said "under $1000" they mean way under $1000, less than $400 xD .
OLED monitors don't have 'ghosting'. This monitor doesn't have Rolling Shutter so it still has persistence blur but it would still be better then any LCD on the market.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 01 Feb 2018, 10:57

lexlazootin wrote:
rasmas wrote:I guess this monitor is focused on photo editing or "proart" but, were you able to check it at close to see if it gets any problem (blur, ghosting,...).

OLED monitors don't have 'ghosting'. This monitor doesn't have Rolling Shutter so it still has persistence blur but it would still be better then any LCD on the market.
Even compared to LCDs with Blur reduction methods?

Also, i have been wondering why to do a profesional monitor, for static images mainly, with an OLED panel that is supposed to have burning problems... unless it is just for video but still...

cosmitz

Post by cosmitz » 09 Jan 2019, 18:10

Mini LED. OLED will be fine for non-moving, and burn-in isn't that /huge/ of an issue, but my god, if they're going to do mini anything, they should just go back to FED/SED technology and release the gaming monitors we all want.