Chief Help!! Whats the Best CS:GO Monitor.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
3xpert

Chief Help!! Whats the Best CS:GO Monitor.

Post by 3xpert » 13 Jan 2019, 08:12

Can you please recommend the best 3 240hz monitor for CS:GO? Need help choosing, I want the best one as I'm building my dream PC and I just can't seem to choose the best one for CS:GO as that's the only game I play, ChiefBB is the only one that can help me choose now. Hope to hear from soon, Thanks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Chief Help!! Whats the Best CS:GO Monitor.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jan 2019, 02:38

Firstly, the right tool for the right job. My recommendations are not necessarily the best for everything.

However... if CS:GO lag is currently numero uno to you, you're winning by milliseconds, and If you don't care about quality or black levels, don't mind TN panels, but need something really low lag, I've heard lots of good things about these two:

BenQ XL2540 / BenQ XL2546 (DyAc OFF), the lowest-lag 240Hz I know of
ViewSonic XG2402, the lowest-lag 144Hz I know of

RTINGS.com agree with me for input lag there. However, having a millisecond (or two) less latency than competition is extremely rarely useful to the majority of us, except to the rareified sphere of paid eSports players playing ultra-high-framerate games like Quake-series.

There are several great models, and I don't want to dismiss them, but you probably wanted a quick answer...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

3xpert

Re: Chief Help!! Whats the Best CS:GO Monitor.

Post by 3xpert » 14 Jan 2019, 11:03

How do the Benq 2540/2546 compare with the ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q if money is no issue? Which one would you recommend? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for the reply