Shopping Guide ps4 pro Monitor for FPS games

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
St.dan

Shopping Guide ps4 pro Monitor for FPS games

Post by St.dan » 30 Jan 2019, 15:17

Hi Guys,
Please excuse my bad english ...
I need tips and a buying guide for a monitor for the Playstation 4 pro, i play Call of duty bo4 Blackout.
I own an Asus vg248qe and a Samsung s27e330.
The Asus is pretty good but I think it can Go netter with less tearing and less input lag. Besides, he should be 27 ".

Am between the two BenQ zowie models.
Which one would you recommend to me? BenQ zowie xl2720 with BenQ Tool? Or the BenQ zowie rl2755 which is special for the ps4?

Or is there a way tearing at my Asus to minimize even more, perhaps through a tool?
Others questions:

1. Question: Monitors come with different preset image modes, ie theater mode, cinema mode, gaming mode, etc. - Here's my question, it makes a difference from the MS / Inputlag whether I am in cinema mode or in gaming mode and otherwise the settings are the same leave?

2. Question: Do monitors with more MHz always have the advantages of smoother / faster picture display, even with the PS4 Pro which can only output 60 Hz? Or is this not true?

3rd question: A speed difference between 27 "FHD and 24" FHD eg. is this possible with the same monitor? Say the bigger the slower? or is this just the ppi different and the speed remains the same?

Thanks in advance.

Greeting St.dan

St.dan

Re: Shopping Guide ps4 pro Monitor for FPS games

Post by St.dan » 31 Jan 2019, 05:15

Hi,
Is my Post in the right Board? Or have to repost It in another Forum?

Greetz

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 31 Jan 2019, 07:17

It's OK. I moved it.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

St.dan

Post by St.dan » 03 Feb 2019, 05:03

Thanks.

Which single Strobe Monitor for the Playstation 4 pro is at 60hz the best? Less Blur and inputlag?

BenQ zowie xl2720 - 419€ - my Price: 339€
BenQ zowie xl2430 - 339€ - my Price: 274€
BenQ zowie xl2411p - 239,99€ - my Price: 194€

Are the difference from the xl2430 to the 2411p the 80€ worth it?
Switch and color vibrance?

Greetz
Dan

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 03 Feb 2019, 05:12

I don't know the answer, but I'd like to point out that unless the games you play run at a solid 60FPS, 60Hz strobing is not going to work very well.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

St.dan

Post by St.dan » 03 Feb 2019, 05:38

Mmh, but the tearing on the the BenQ with Blurreduction on and with the Strobe Tool would be better than on another 144hz mon without the Strobe Tool Like the Asus vg248qe?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 03 Feb 2019, 05:41

I thought PS4 games (and console games in general) almost always run with vsync so there's never any tearing? Also, even in games that run vsync OFF, you can't use 120Hz or 144Hz on the PS4. It always puts the display in 60Hz mode. So tearing will look the same in all monitors.

For 60FPS games however, 60Hz strobing will work just fine.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Feb 2019, 01:21

St.dan wrote:BenQ zowie xl2720 - 419€ - my Price: 339€
BenQ zowie xl2430 - 339€ - my Price: 274€
BenQ zowie xl2411p - 239,99€ - my Price: 194€
Quality is virtually identical for 24" 1080p.
The price difference is simply because XL2720 is an older model (and bigger) that is getting harder to find since it does not support DisplayPort so it is becoming end-of-life.

While XL2411P -- with DIsplayPort -- is currently in production as the most common 60Hz-single-strobe BenQ gaming monitor that's still in active factory production.
St.dan wrote:1. Question: Monitors come with different preset image modes, ie theater mode, cinema mode, gaming mode, etc. - Here's my question, it makes a difference from the MS / Inputlag whether I am in cinema mode or in gaming mode and otherwise the settings are the same leave?
There can be latency differences of the various modes. Sometimes yes, sometimes not. Depends on display.
St.dan wrote:2. Question: Do monitors with more MHz always have the advantages of smoother / faster picture display, even with the PS4 Pro which can only output 60 Hz? Or is this not true?
When all things are equal (same panel quality, same pixel response speed) -- it actually looks no different.
30fps at 120Hz looks the same as 30fps at 60Hz.

You need to double framerate to halve motion blur. Motion blur is directly proportional to framerate, where 1ms of frametime translates to 1 pixel of motion blurring per 1000 pixels/second.

If you want to reduce motion blur, try a motion blur reduction mode using a strobe backlight mode. Among desktop gaming monitors, the best one for 60Hz consoles is the Benq XL2411P, as it supports Blur Busters Strobe Utility. You adjust via a PC first, then move or switch the monitor to your console.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GeraldineRankin

Post by GeraldineRankin » 17 Apr 2019, 03:58

St.dan wrote:Hi Guys,
Please excuse my bad english ...
I need tips and a buying guide for a monitor for the Playstation 4 pro, i play Call of duty bo4 Blackout.
Hello, everyone, I am new over here and this is the best topic to start.
I also like CODWW2, Destiny 2, and many more. I am Geraldine and like many things to do. :)

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 18 Apr 2019, 08:44

Like I told the other guy,dont buy anything for PS4 pro now because PS5 is coming next year and it will be a beast.If I were you I would save money for that console and a new monitor or tv suitable for PS5. :D ;)