XL2536 overclock not working propperly

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
aerox3

XL2536 overclock not working propperly

Post by aerox3 » 04 Feb 2019, 19:21

Hello guys I am trying to overclock this monitor by zowie, however when I overclock to 175hz, the colors change, the website does detect the refresh rate but the ufo doesn't look smooth, not as smooth as on normal 144hz. I have tried from Nvidia app also and its the same thing, Nvidia doesn't tweek the colors but ufo supposedly at 175hz still doesn't have a smooth motion, not anywhere as smooth, not even half as smooth as 144hz

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2536 overclock not working propperly

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Feb 2019, 02:51

aerox3 wrote:Hello guys I am trying to overclock this monitor by zowie, however when I overclock to 175hz, the colors change, the website does detect the refresh rate but the ufo doesn't look smooth, not as smooth as on normal 144hz. I have tried from Nvidia app also and its the same thing, Nvidia doesn't tweek the colors but ufo supposedly at 175hz still doesn't have a smooth motion, not anywhere as smooth, not even half as smooth as 144hz
That's stutters caused by frameskipping.

See http://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Unfortunately overclocking monitors can sometimes cause frameskipping so you have to lower the refresh rate until it stops frameskipping.

Try testing 150Hz, 160Hz, 165Hz, 170Hz and see what happens.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!