Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Everything about input lag. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
GAMEBOY
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Jan 2019, 03:47

Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by GAMEBOY » 09 Jan 2019, 19:44

What is the input lag of the Zowie XL2450 and the Dell AW2518HF ?
Thought I saw a list before but lost the link.

pox02
Posts: 124
Joined: 28 Sep 2018, 06:04

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by pox02 » 11 Jan 2019, 04:17

GAMEBOY wrote:What is the input lag of the Zowie XL2450 and the Dell AW2518HF ?
Thought I saw a list before but lost the link.
dell faster there no monitor that can beat 2518hf input lag cause this one is the fastest monitor i ever had and the overdrive implementation is extremely good i test with 3 monitors i have

XG248Q lg-27gk750f-b PG248Q
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu

Q83Ia7ta
Posts: 719
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 09:29

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 11 Jan 2019, 05:14


GAMEBOY
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 Jan 2019, 03:47

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by GAMEBOY » 12 Jan 2019, 19:37

Wondering how they compare. RTINGS doesnt even have the alienware on their list.

Notty_PT
Posts: 481
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 02:50

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by Notty_PT » 19 Jan 2019, 02:19

pox02 wrote:
GAMEBOY wrote:What is the input lag of the Zowie XL2450 and the Dell AW2518HF ?
Thought I saw a list before but lost the link.
dell faster there no monitor that can beat 2518hf input lag cause this one is the fastest monitor i ever had and the overdrive implementation is extremely good i test with 3 monitors i have

XG248Q lg-27gk750f-b PG248Q
Is funny how my asus xg248q is noticeable faster than my aw2518hf. Also my aw even shows bad overshoot on web pages...

MatrixQW
Posts: 168
Joined: 07 Jan 2019, 10:01

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by MatrixQW » 19 Jan 2019, 07:21

RTings allows to vote for a monitor to be reviewed.
If users in Blur Busters can get to agreements, we can all vote to get a review of a monitor. With a small contribution we can vote for 5 monitors.

Even if i don't intend to buy a specific monitor i would of course
like to see how other models are response/image wise, so i would vote whatever people need/want.

AW2518H is on the list. ViewSonic XG2530 just needs a few more votes.
Whats you guys say?
We could create a topic to vote for a monitor and once got to an agreement, all vote the same.
Users that are in a gamer community could also get more votes with other players.

cacs1985
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 Jan 2019, 08:41

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by cacs1985 » 23 Jan 2019, 08:49

MatrixQW wrote:RTings allows to vote for a monitor to be reviewed.
If users in Blur Busters can get to agreements, we can all vote to get a review of a monitor. With a small contribution we can vote for 5 monitors.

Even if i don't intend to buy a specific monitor i would of course
like to see how other models are response/image wise, so i would vote whatever people need/want.

AW2518H is on the list. ViewSonic XG2530 just needs a few more votes.
Whats you guys say?
We could create a topic to vote for a monitor and once got to an agreement, all vote the same.
Users that are in a gamer community could also get more votes with other players.
voted for dell aw2518h

andrelip
Posts: 38
Joined: 21 Mar 2014, 17:50

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by andrelip » 07 Feb 2019, 20:57

Got the Alienware for more than a year and I didn't like the monitor very much to be honest. It had ghosting with my GTX 1080 and not with Radeon's like people reported here in Brazil. This monitor seems pretty popular here in comparison with the rest of the world. Then people discovered that if you can create a custom resolution of 240hz LCD-REDUCED it solves all the ghosting problems. It got a little better. Then NVIDIA added support for Vesa VRR and it quickly became the best monitor I ever played. Using Freesync (220 fps capped and v-sync off) solved all the ghosting problem without the CRU trick and the input lag drops in comparison with uncapped vsync-off (like Battlenonsense tested). Here in Brazil there is a league called Gamersclub that have levels from 1 to 20, I always stayed at 17/18 with 1 K/d. Now I have 1.7 K/D playing at the highest level (top 300 of 240k players). Thats another game.

Image

InBetweenNames
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Feb 2019, 21:31

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by InBetweenNames » 07 Feb 2019, 22:17

Hey andrelip, you mentioned you use an FPS cap of 220 with the AW2518HF, just wondering what the difference is between that and the 237 cap suggested in the G-SYNC 101 article? Do you notice less lag with the lower cap? I've been wondering a lot about "G-Sync Compatible" caps lately and I have a feeling we're about to see some real weird findings in the next couple months.

Notty_PT
Posts: 481
Joined: 09 Aug 2017, 02:50

Re: Input Lag between Zowie and Alienware?

Post by Notty_PT » 07 Feb 2019, 22:18

There is nothing possible to solve the AlienWare AW2518HF overshoot problems on bright colours. Not VRR or any special custom resolutions. Please guys do not spread misinformation and don´t make other users buy a product by mistake.

I have an AW2518HF. Also at 220fps cap the monitor will be even worse overdrive wise, because these panels are only acceptable at 237fps/240fps, near the default refresh rate. With that being said, is a much better monitor than other competitors like Benq or AOC models, but miles behind Asus XG248Q for example.

Post Reply