AW2518HF + Super fast responses time

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Karisha91

Re: AW2518HF + Super fast responses time

Post by Karisha91 » 09 Feb 2019, 12:03

andrelip wrote:
Karisha91 wrote:Okay i downloaded CRU does anyone knows what timings should i change to create better custom resolution? :)
https://youtu.be/QmtJgvmd21M?t=46
Okay I’ve tried first part , and everything seems blurry although coronas are pretty much gone , I think I need do cable to enable g-sync in 2’x part. I’ll post results . Thanks!

Karisha91

Post by Karisha91 » 11 Feb 2019, 09:22

First of all i want to say thanks to all people who helped me with my issue to fix inverted ghosting on this monitor.
Also i want to write all steps that i followed , i know that im not only one who had this problem.
So:
1.First get rid of HDMI cable that u recieved with monitor,and buy DisplayPort cable.
2.Download newest NVIDIA driver that support G-sync on Freesync monitors. (417.71 and up)
3. Download CRU and put ur monitor to LCD Reduced with exect same refresh rate of monitor ( u can check on testufo:refresh rate) in my case was 239.760
4. Enable G-SYNC in NVIDIA control panel
5. Enjoy
And yes coronas are totally gone even on super fast response time.

xXxDieselxXx

Post by xXxDieselxXx » 11 Feb 2019, 17:26

Anyone having issues with CRU settings reverting back after reboot?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 11 Feb 2019, 19:16

xXxDieselxXx wrote:Anyone having issues with CRU settings reverting back after reboot?
Did you maybe reinstall or upgrade your GPU driver? This will cause them to revert. But a reboot shouldn't do that.

In any event, you can export your custom EDID to a file and then import it again, so that you don't have to manually re-apply everything.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

xXxDieselxXx

Post by xXxDieselxXx » 12 Feb 2019, 07:18

RealNC wrote:
xXxDieselxXx wrote:Anyone having issues with CRU settings reverting back after reboot?
Did you maybe reinstall or upgrade your GPU driver? This will cause them to revert. But a reboot shouldn't do that.

In any event, you can export your custom EDID to a file and then import it again, so that you don't have to manually re-apply everything.
Hi Thanks for replying,

No, no upgrades or changes to my GPU funny thing is this morning I restarted my PC and the CRU settings are in place. Super weird behavior :)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 12 Feb 2019, 11:28

Maybe you ran reset-all.exe instead of restart.exe by mistake? :P
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

xXxDieselxXx

Post by xXxDieselxXx » 12 Feb 2019, 15:56

RealNC wrote:Maybe you ran reset-all.exe instead of restart.exe by mistake? :P
I wish I did but no :)

EYSYEA

Post by EYSYEA » 13 Feb 2019, 22:03

This monitor is weird. I've been getting tons of overshoot just with Normal response time but when I enable Gsync Compatible with this monitor that fixes the overshoot issue and I feel like the motion clarity in games have increased as well. And now I can use the Super Fast setting with very minimal overshoot. All because I enabled Gsync Compatible setting. Strange stuff!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Feb 2019, 02:29

I'm not surprised that this happens --

Even in monitors without dynamic overdrive during VRR -- the manufacturer overdrive tuning that was applied to the monitor is often different in VRR mode than in non-VRR mode.

This is even for fixed full framerate motion, ghosting quality at max Hz can be different in VRR ON versus VRR OFF.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 14 Feb 2019, 08:36

EYSYEA wrote:This monitor is weird. I've been getting tons of overshoot just with Normal response time but when I enable Gsync Compatible with this monitor that fixes the overshoot issue and I feel like the motion clarity in games have increased as well. And now I can use the Super Fast setting with very minimal overshoot. All because I enabled Gsync Compatible setting. Strange stuff!
Gsync/FreeSync improve motion clarity on any monitor! On this monitor you notice it more, because it is awful out of the box without VRR. Still, even with VRR the motion clarity isn´t that great and the overdrive is always changing, just by a colour config tweaking. Example: If you use Cool profile it can mess the overdrive immediatly. Sometimes you restart the PC and overdrive is good again, then bad etc. This monitor is not a great model.

ViewSonic XG2402 + Gsync (driver enabled) + 138fps/141fps cap = Higher motion clarity than AW2518HF 240hz with VRR, because of the pixel response time behaviour.

240hz still offers you objectively lower input lag, but that´s it.