No signal after anabling and disabling Lightboost hack

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
RonsonPL

No signal after anabling and disabling Lightboost hack

Post by RonsonPL » 13 Mar 2019, 17:55

Hi

I catched an old Benq 2420T (edited the wrong name) for 100$ for a friend. 3D works great, but I'd also like to give him the chance of using the strobed mode for 2D games.

Unfortunately I installed the ToastyX Strobelight, enabled it for a test, then enabled 3D Vision, then tried to disable it and since then there was no signal. I restarted - the same.
So I uninstalled the ToastyX Strobelight and it works fine, but unless it was caused by the order of my actions, what can I do to make it work?

I suspect it's the newer NV drivers causing this. I've installed as old as I could get of NVidia's download page, but probably those are still too new?
Hopefully not. I wouldn't like it if there was no way of using the Lightboost with newer drivers (and yes, I mean the current ones, after the 3DV gets ditched, there will be no Lightboost mode on newer drivers, I suppose)

Help, please.
Last edited by RonsonPL on 18 Mar 2019, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: No signal after anabling and disabling Lightboost hack

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Mar 2019, 15:32

The BenQ XL2420Z does not support LightBoost.

You can use BenQ Blur Reduction instead, and use Blur Busters Strobe Utility, combined with a large vertical total (~VT1502) to reduce strobe crosstalk.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RonsonPL

Re: No signal after anabling and disabling Lightboost hack

Post by RonsonPL » 18 Mar 2019, 09:32

Sorry. Muscle memory caused a typo.

The model is 2420T, not Z.

Lighboost works, when enabled, it's disabling it where the problem occurs (and after that, it stays like that even when Windows is restarted).

BTW. Can you add 7ms persistence to your Strobe Utility? I have 2411Z, but would like to make a simulation of non-TN panels, which rarely go below 7ms in pixel switch time.