XL2546 Custom Resolution (damage?)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
LordGurciullo

XL2546 Custom Resolution (damage?)

Post by LordGurciullo » 16 Mar 2019, 18:53

Hi guys!

Love you all and appreciate all the immense knowledge.

So I've got my xl2546 and am enjoying it! I've noticed that at 240hz the difference between dyac on and off is a lot less noticeable. I do feel like I'm feeling a small amount of input lag with it on so I wanted to start playing with the crosstalk with the custom res.

I followed the instructions on the advanced crosstalk page for the 182hz custom vertical totals and tried it in the nvidia custom resolution option and I don't believe I did anything wrong but when I tried it it created this very terrible blocky effect.. where the ufos would move and then every half second you'd see a clunky tear go down the screen. It was very disturbing.

When I went back to my normal 240hz it was still there and I panicked. Ive since used reset and restart on toastys utility and it seems to have stopped but - What was that?
Can I damage the monitor trying these custom resolutions?
Did I damage the monitor?

LordGurciullo

Re: XL2546 Custom Resolution (damage?)

Post by LordGurciullo » 16 Mar 2019, 21:36

Chief?

LordGurciullo

Re: XL2546 Custom Resolution (damage?)

Post by LordGurciullo » 20 Mar 2019, 02:15

After attempting it again it seemed to have work.
My only thought is that when creating the custom resolution in the nvidia settings I used Positive/Negative polarity as per the picture in the crosstalk article showed. *shows positive and negative in screenshot**
It seems to be now at Positive/positive and it works.
I'm still not sure why - but I believe the horrible stuttering I was seeing was frameskipping. Can anyone confirm that??

Further questions.
182hz dyac vt tweaked looks very good. Brighter and more CRT like then anything.
However, does it have more input lag then 240hz dyac?
Can I VT tweak 240hz?
Should I play with overdrive settings in factory menu to get an even better image quality and less input lag?

Still seeking lowest input lag, least blur, lowest persistance, least crosstalk, least ghosting -- aka CRT :).

Thoughts fellas?