Cannot disable freesync on AOC Agon AG251FZ

Talk about AMD's FreeSync and VESA AdaptiveSync, which are variable refresh rate technologies. They also eliminate stutters, and eliminate tearing. List of FreeSync Monitors.
Persival

Cannot disable freesync on AOC Agon AG251FZ

Post by Persival » 21 Mar 2019, 10:15

Hello, I recently bought aoс agon ag251fz monitor and faced a problem. I can not turn off the amd freesync when working with the amd r9 290x video card. It is turned off in the video card driver, and it is still lit in the monitor menu. I want to turn off the amd freesync so that I can turn on the low input lag feature. When the freesync is enabled in the monitor menu, the low input lag feature is not active. I tried to connect the video card gtx 1080 with it, this function works. I read on one of the forums that the person turned on the low input lag feature on the amx rx 480 video card on this monitor custom resolution utility. But unfortunately, he did not write what he configured in it so that this function would work on his video card. But he wrote that he was helped to solve this problem on this site. Help please solve the problem.

Persival

Re: Cannot disable freesync on AOC Agon AG251FZ

Post by Persival » 21 Mar 2019, 10:18

On the GTX 1080 video card, the low input lag feature also does not work with the adaptive sync feature. But the adaptive sync feature is disabled in the nvidia driver.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Cannot disable freesync on AOC Agon AG251FZ

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Mar 2019, 01:32

Usually, Adaptive Sync is already its own low-lag mode, though it varies from monitor to monitor how laggy it may be.

Most VRR monitors do realtime scanout synchronization between cable scanout and panel scanout (High Speed Videos of Scanout) when in VRR mode, but there are apparently some exceptions.

So test your lagfeel in both FreeSync mode and non-FreeSync mode.

In addition, FreeSync framerate capping (as low-lag alternative of VSYNC ON) will virtually always be less laggy than using fixed-Hz VSYNC ON. So, FreeSync is a great low-lag substitute for VSYNC ON, for gameplay consistency.

That said, if you use VSYNC OFF, especially with framerates above Hz, that turns off FreeSync on both ends, doesn't it? (If you've manually turned it off in monitor menus and computer, and selected VSYNC OFF).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!