Strobe rate on xb271hu

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
GFresha

Strobe rate on xb271hu

Post by GFresha » 24 Mar 2019, 23:20

Read the article about setting up ULMB and how its a good tool for the right game. Got two questions

1) Fortnite + ULMB = good or bad combo? When I play I focus on my surrodungins and build battles and never look at my crosshair so is it a good candidate for ULMB?

2) stroberate = refreshrate = framerate

On my XB271HU I have to set to 120 hz to get ULMB on. And I also cap my FPS to 120 and turn on vsync in game panel but off in game. But my question is the stroberate? When you say stroberate how the heck do I adjust that? The article doesn't mention it, specifically how do I adjust stroberate to 120hz/fps? Currently I am at 120 hz > ULMB on > NCP vsync on > gsync off > 120 FPS cap with RTTS > Brightness 18/contrast 43 > blue light off > dark boost off > adaptive contrast 0 > ULMB pulse width to 100.

Do the above settings staisfy stroberate = refreshrate = framerate or nah?

Also what does blue light/dark boost/ adaptive contrast do exactly?!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Strobe rate on xb271hu

Post by RealNC » 25 Mar 2019, 08:41

In your case, strobe rate means your refresh rate. The reason this is not always the case is that some monitors can activate strobing at 60Hz refresh, but will strobe at 120Hz. However, this is not something you need to worry about with ULMB. Your monitor strobes at 85Hz, 100Hz and 120Hz, and the strobe rate is always the same as the refresh rate.
Also what does blue light/dark boost/ adaptive contrast do exactly?!
Low blue light reduces the blue light output of the monitor and makes everything look red. It's supposed to cure insomnia when using the monitor at night before going to sleep.

Dark boost will change the gamma of the monitor in a way that makes dark colors look lighter and washed out. This ruins the image quality but makes it easier to see enemies in dark spots in games like CS:GO.

Adaptive contrast changes the contrast in real-time, depending on what is currently being displayed, so that everything has higher contrast than what it really does. For me it's a useless feature.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.