can you enable freesync/gsync on zowie xl2546?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
alexander1986

can you enable freesync/gsync on zowie xl2546?

Post by alexander1986 » 30 Mar 2019, 14:07

hard to find definitive answer it seems on this, from what I understand the xl2540 supports freesync/gsync through the new nvidia drivers without any problems and works great up to 240hz, its on nvidias list for compatible monitors aswell, is this the same for xl2546? its not on nvidias list but is the same monitor more or less, only with DyAc enabled by default,

so if I disable dyac in service menu, will I be able to enable freesync/gsync through nvidia drivers? 2540 doesnt seem to be manufactured/sold anymore either so would really like a clear answer on this, thanks!

karavanasam

Re: can you enable freesync/gsync on zowie xl2546?

Post by karavanasam » 31 Mar 2019, 07:38

I dont recommend changing settings from service menu of monitor.I did that with one of my previous monitor and the result wasnt good.You dont need fsync or gsync.Even with vsync off you should not see any tearing.I for example play all my games with vsync off setting because I dont see any tearing and also play game with a great low input lag.My monitor is 165hz.
My advice dont touch service menu and try gaming with vsync off.If you are happy then you are fine. ;)

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 31 Mar 2019, 14:17

karavanasam wrote:I dont recommend changing settings from service menu of monitor.I did that with one of my previous monitor and the result wasnt good.You dont need fsync or gsync.Even with vsync off you should not see any tearing.I for example play all my games with vsync off setting because I dont see any tearing and also play game with a great low input lag.My monitor is 165hz.
My advice dont touch service menu and try gaming with vsync off.If you are happy then you are fine. ;)

I just want to know if freesync works on xl2546 yes or no lol, cant understand why this information is so hard to find, also you can just do a factory reset if you change something and dont like the result.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 31 Mar 2019, 14:50

No.You can reset monitor settings with a factory reset but not service menu changes.So I again insist warning you not to mess with factory settings.But if you still want to do it,then it will be your choice. :D
I checked the monitor from internet and there is nothing about fsync and gsync support.Maybe they also think you wont need them because you still can perfectly play games with vsync off. ;)

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 31 Mar 2019, 15:43

karavanasam wrote:No.You can reset monitor settings with a factory reset but not service menu changes.So I again insist warning you not to mess with factory settings.But if you still want to do it,then it will be your choice. :D
I checked the monitor from internet and there is nothing about fsync and gsync support.Maybe they also think you wont need them because you still can perfectly play games with vsync off. ;)

alright! good to know atleast

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 31 Mar 2019, 17:27

You can try to create a custom EDID override using ToastyX CRU. Add a freesync range and see if that makes the nvidia driver show a g-sync section after rebooting. Whether it works or not depends on whether the monitor actually supports displayport VRR.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

LordGurciullo

Post by LordGurciullo » 01 Apr 2019, 03:18

any updates here?