Philips V226v4 OC need help!

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
ddFen

Philips V226v4 OC need help!

Post by ddFen » 21 Apr 2019, 13:10

Hello people. I'm stuck with this monitor for a week or two. First i overclocked it to 76 hz and my eye stopped to bleed out. After patching a clocks i got 82 but image became kinda blury but this not a case. What i'm actualy can do to push futher 82hz? I mean mb resolution down or smthg else? of course i'm using dvi-d dual link cable.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Philips V226v4 OC need help!

Post by RealNC » 25 Apr 2019, 18:10

It looks like you reached the limit on this monitor. Most 60Hz monitors usually only go up to about 77Hz or so. After that, they either produce a blurry image or just refuse to show an image at all.

If you used the pixel clock patcher for your GPU driver and tried "reduced timings" in ToastyX CRU and you still can't go to a higher Hz, then there's nothing you can do. Lowering the resolution doesn't help. You can try, but I never seen it working.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.