lg34wk650-w

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
wader2k

lg34wk650-w

Post by wader2k » 21 Apr 2019, 14:06

Recently purchased this LG and am loving it. 2560x 1080 is just fine with my old eyes!

Have enabled Freesync and am driving it with an RTX 2070. Works great. Freq range is 40-75Hz.

Used the Pendulum utility to test: with Vsync off shows a lot of tearing. With GSync on MOST of the tearing is gone.. but some still shows at 40 fps and lower. Decided to give it a go and try CRU to adjust freesynce range. Was able to bring lower range down to 30Hz.
No issues that I can tell and it appears to be working as the Pendulum utility now shows NO tearing at all. Tried using RTSS to lower the FPS while watching pendulum but that seems glitchy and interferes with utility(actually now i think i was losing GSync when too low).

Anyway - pretty good for an amateur hacker I think!

3 games I've played with all seem ok Witcher 3, Elex and Dragons Dogma DA. I've got Gsync on, No VSync, and RTSS limiting FPS to 72-73. All graphics on Ultra - even Hairworks on Witcher3. Some microstutter on Witcher 3 but it's pretty minimal and I haven't looked into it much yet. Is this pretty much the consensus on how to run? Seen a lot of discussion about leaving VSync on or off and diff ways to frame limit.

I am curious if raising the refresh is as easy as adjusting the lower freesync range. Same place in CRU where it says 30-75 I would adjust the 75 up to say 80 and try it?

I appreciate any advice as I am a complete newbie at this!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: lg34wk650-w

Post by RealNC » 25 Apr 2019, 18:15

To try that, you need to add a new resolution in CRU. You add either a new "detailed resolution", or if there's no more slots left, you add one in the extension block. Or, you modify the existing 75Hz resolution and make it 80Hz for example.

So, to change the freesync range to 30-80, you need to have a native res (2560x1080) at 80Hz first. Some monitors will not allow you to overclock them though.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

wader2k

Re: lg34wk650-w

Post by wader2k » 25 Apr 2019, 21:28

RealNC wrote:To try that, you need to add a new resolution in CRU. You add either a new "detailed resolution", or if there's no more slots left, you add one in the extension block. Or, you modify the existing 75Hz resolution and make it 80Hz for example.

So, to change the freesync range to 30-80, you need to have a native res (2560x1080) at 80Hz first. Some monitors will not allow you to overclock them though.

Appreciate the reply! Yeah I figured it out yesterday and had no success moving the refresh rate up to 80Hz.
So I'm just gonna enjoy this monitor at 75Hz with a freesync range from 30-75. Actually very happy - great monitor!