frameskip on sony psvr

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
quasarimodo

frameskip on sony psvr

Post by quasarimodo » 14 Apr 2019, 11:18

Hello

I have a Sony PSVR on the PC for more immersion. After installing Nvidia drivers it tops at 60hz only and I have to create a custom resolution to access the full 120hz. However the automatic timings Nvidia proposes frameskip a lot. Which value in the custom resolution do you think can likely get rid of frameskipping? Thanks

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: frameskip on sony psvr

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Apr 2019, 10:57

For the PSVR-on-PC tricks (e.g. Trinus PSVR)

Temporarily make the PSVR is the primary display.
Otherwise, the PSVR will frameskip because the primary display is a different Hz.

If that fixes the problem, now you know. And to make this easier, you can also use DisplayFusion software so you can use easy hotkeys to switch which monitor becomes the primary monitor.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

quasarimodo

Re: frameskip on sony psvr

Post by quasarimodo » 24 Apr 2019, 23:08

thanks but that didnt fix.
It works beautifully at 90 with default timings but not 120hz
Maybe the cable is worn down/bent? I got it second hand