monitor refresh rate

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
pwn

monitor refresh rate

Post by pwn » 16 May 2019, 04:27

good day
I noticed in the same game (there is an opportunity to watch the config files of the players) on the same monitors (the same panels) for some reason I have different update frequencies: 144.001007
More successful players have the value: 143.981003
Why it happens? They do not set these values ​​to manual. I'm sure of that.
It seems to me that there is some kind of connection still in the OS (I have the prerequisites to think so for the reason that I see that these OSs are very old), that is, they updated them from the WIN 7 (win7->win10)

I made the same update rate through the CRU and it seemed to me that the monitor is more responsive to movements.

sry for bad eng

(aoc g2460pf)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: monitor refresh rate

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 May 2019, 12:11

It's hard to say, there are many hidden factors.

-- Sometimes it's differences in identification from EDID / DisplayID
-- Different monitor firmwares may report different refresh rate identification
-- NVIDIA cards and Radeon cards may output slightly different refresh rates, and there can be minor differences in how the display advertises FreeSync and non-FreeSync refresh rates.
-- The max-Hz of a FreeSync range might not be perfectly identical to the fixed Hz.

Overriding can be indeed accomplished by CRU. But remember to copy ALL the timing numbers, not just the refresh rate. Sometimes the Hz is different only because a different number (one of the Porch or Sync) is different. Copying all numbers identically is usually the safest way to go to make sure it's perfectly identical.

In reality there is typically no difference, and both Hz performs quite identically, but there are some situations with certain rare models where a slight Hz-off will fix a specific problem (e.g. solve a 240Hz frame skipping problem, a strange latency-increase defect, or other defect).

Now for your model, G2460PF, the early firmware of your monitor has a 240Hz frameskipping problem at some Hz.
Follow This Thread to fix your problem if you have the frameskipping problem

This changes one of your Porch values. That will cause the Hz to slightly change.
For your specific AOC model, do NOT edit the Hz. Instead, please edit the porch instead!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

pwn

Post by pwn » 16 May 2019, 15:29

And how exactly do you need to edit porch?
Could you describe in more detail what I need to do?)
ps. 2460PF only 144HZ

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 May 2019, 15:01

Follow link to answer:

Instructions: Follow This Thread.

Scroll down and look at that image in that forum thread for your instructions.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!