AMD Radeon AntiLag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Stitch7

Re: AMD Radeon AntiLag

Post by Stitch7 » 11 Jul 2019, 05:38

I suppose it could be that. But I feel like they aren't just adding this because they can.
Maybe the imrpoved RDNA architecture has benefits we don't knownof. Perhaps not now, but with future iterations. Why else would they add this. If they added this on a whim I'll sh*t myself.
I will rely on Battlenonsense or Blurbusters to handle this.
I would be so happy if they made enhancements to adaptive sync input lag and at the same time add integer scaling. However according to some inside sources that isn't going to be in the next set of upcoming features of green or red.
However what I am very much interested in is how the sharening and upscaling works with console titles. I hope it's better than standard scaling techniques.

I've always wondered why if I go from 480 fullscreen to 1080 fullscreen it looks blurry although everything should just be bigger.
Dumb scaling. Really dumb scaling

open

Post by open » 11 Jul 2019, 05:47

it is possible that amds implementation forces the work que to lower values in more situations that nvidias. with potentially positive or negative results. i could see games that que graphics workloads internally increasing input lag this way.

would be nice to test it in a handful of games.

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 11 Jul 2019, 08:09

^ If AntiLag truly is just an equivalent of MPRF, that's my rough guess as well; MPRF doesn't seem to actually override many games when set to sub <2 values. If it did, you would usually see way, way lower average framerates in most cases (try Battlefield's "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" at "1," for instance).
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 11 Jul 2019, 17:02

my interest forced me to overcome laziness. I have installed r9 fury.
But did not notice any visual differences. I tried several games.
A beep confirmed the activation of the function.
Need equipment to check it.

However. I turned off the antilag. I got very strange results. When checking the driver delay amd. When playing league of legends.
It makes me think that I'm doing something wrong when using the Nvidia video card.
https://youtu.be/pUkBhobZ4bA
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.