RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
whitepuzzle

Re: RTINGS test 240Hz HP Omen X 25f - Lowest input lag yet

Post by whitepuzzle » 23 Jul 2019, 21:29

MTN250HTN01.9?

Also as far as I'm concerned, anything under 4ms of measured lag is "good enough" (read: perfect) and the differences under 4ms are statistical noise/margin of error. Does anyone disagree?

do0om

Post by do0om » 23 Jul 2019, 22:33

That's why I gave an estimation of ~1.7 ms minimum estimation in my main post.
I understand now, thanks. The 1/6th is a little too big I think, I would have said something close to 1/10 th but this does not change the result too much.

I am waiting for you. I think I'm not the only one waiting for you.
Notty (50+% LG accuracy quake player eyes) > rtings (custom arduino tool) :lol:
Prad made me lose all my faith in their input lag measurements when they wrote on their LG 27GK750F-B review (loosely translated): "Our test results with our usual testing method were completely unplausible so we decided to only publish the results of the Leo Bodnar testing tool." Leo Bodnar is great but only works at 60 Hz.
Yes I agree 100% for input lag, their response time measurements could still be good.

MTN250HTN01.9?
no official confirmation yet, but I would bet yes.

Also as far as I'm concerned, anything under 4ms of measured lag is "good enough" (read: perfect) and the differences under 4ms are statistical noise/margin of error. Does anyone disagree?
good enough for average players, yes of course. Good enough for pros lookings for even 1ms advantage, I don't think so. But yes 1 ms won't give you 5% lighting gun accuracy.
I don't think under 4 ms is statistical noise since they do 100s measurements. In my opinion, error is less than 1 ms.

karavanasam

Post by karavanasam » 24 Jul 2019, 04:08

I like my monitors very low input lag.But if there are another monitors with better input lag,buy and use it guys.Because it really gives you very high advantage against other players in multiplayer fps games.You feel like you are running,other players are walking. :lol:
I watch some multiplayer fps tournaments.Pros mostly play extremely careful.You can also play similar if you have enough patience and a very fast monitor.Have faith. ;)

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 24 Jul 2019, 08:50

Easiest way to compare is using your mouse at 125hz, 500hz and then 1000hz. Tell me how it feels :p

Like Chief usually says, the final destination: 1ms. Until that, humans can notice everything. Try XL2546 side by side with XG258Q. You will notice the different input lag.

We need to stop the "humans cant feel more/less than <insert number of fps/hz/ms/gb here>" kind of mentality! By this time we do know, the less, the better; the fastest, the better.

masneb

Post by masneb » 24 Jul 2019, 09:47

Input delay is additive. It all makes a difference.

And yeah, people that come up with arbitrary baselines are just as dumb as whatever they're trying to disprove by making them in the first place.

You're a fleshy human meatbag which is in a constant state of degradation, sometimes you notice things and sometimes you don't, sometimes you need practice and sometimes you just aren't any good at what you're attempting. Your fleshy human meatbag is not only not the same as my own, but whatever is occupying it is also completely different.

Also would be interested to see either TFT test this monitor or RTings test the XF252Q so we can get a comparative baseline between the websites. It's tough to compare monitors from multiple websites when they use different methodology.

pox02

Post by pox02 » 24 Jul 2019, 10:52

masneb wrote:Input delay is additive. It all makes a difference.

And yeah, people that come up with arbitrary baselines are just as dumb as whatever they're trying to disprove by making them in the first place.

You're a fleshy human meatbag which is in a constant state of degradation, sometimes you notice things and sometimes you don't, sometimes you need practice and sometimes you just aren't any good at what you're attempting. Your fleshy human meatbag is not only not the same as my own, but whatever is occupying it is also completely different.

Also would be interested to see either TFT test this monitor or RTings test the XF252Q so we can get a comparative baseline between the websites. It's tough to compare monitors from multiple websites when they use different methodology.

XF252Q will be faster cause 0.3ms its have VRB strobing which is interesting two mode normal and extreme
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

garetjax

Post by garetjax » 24 Jul 2019, 11:12

I have been waiting to see a review of this monitor. HP is the sponsor of the pro overwatch league and this is the monitor they have been using but you couldn't buy it anywhere and there were no reviews.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 24 Jul 2019, 12:24

This model is available on Amazon ES for 350€. I think is a great price for a 240hz monitor with this quality.

Also read that info that it was te official monitor for Overwatch League. Maybe I found a new competitor to Asus Xg258Q, but I won´t be able to test this monitor in the next few weeks as I´m going on vacation. Around September/october I will 100% pull the trigger on one, I trust Rtings more than anything else bcause all their data so far goes accordingly to what my eyes see. I had same impression about XG2402 and when they reviewd it, bang, lowest lag 144hz monitor. Asus Vg245H fastest console monitor I ever tested, then they review it and it was indeed the fastest 60hz panel (8,7ms).

For someone that lives in Europe and wants to buy one, check Amazon ES :)

do0om

Post by do0om » 24 Jul 2019, 13:31

HP is the sponsor of the pro overwatch league and this is the monitor they have been using but you couldn't buy it anywhere and there were no reviews.
They are the sponsor but are they using it on season 2? I don't know
They were using Asus ROG SWIFT PG258Q season 1 (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchLeagu ... rs_called/)
From what I saw on reddit, they seems to use hp monitors in season 2, so you might be right.
XF252Q will be faster cause 0.3ms
check the tft central review, it's not 0.3ms in practice, this is marketing.

Same! We could vote on rtings maybe or ask TFTcentral. But to be honest, they don't need to do a full review, they just need to compare input lag.
This model is available on Amazon ES for 350€.
Will you buy it Notty? I think I will.

masneb

Post by masneb » 25 Jul 2019, 00:54

Input lag and response time, both of those are very relevant and seems they are slightly different for both sites.