BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
loopy750

Re: BenQ UNIVERSAL 144Hz->220Hz OVERCLOCK for 1080p 144 Hz

Post by loopy750 » 25 Jul 2019, 07:46

hleV wrote:Made a different version called "OOR Fixer"
That's awesome, thank you. Does the job with benq xl2720z.

Friard

Post by Friard » 25 Jul 2019, 11:01

hleV wrote:Made a different version called "OOR Fixer":
https://github.com/hleVqq/AntiOutOfRange/tree/OorFixer

It will stay in the background - didn't implement any tray icons so if you want to turn it off, do it via Task Manager. If you want it to be auto-launched with Windows, move OorFixer.exe to %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.

It auto-detects monitor event where refresh rate changes or it goes fullscreen (WM_DISPLAYCHANGE event) and if refresh rate is >144Hz, re-applies OSD Language (0xCC) and Display Mode (0xDC) settings that were detected upon launching OOR Fixer. I adjusted the timings to the following: 2500ms after display change event, set OSD Language ("Out of Range" notification fix), after another 250ms apply Display Mode (black screen fix). This works ideally on my XL2411Z DVI, but on other monitors the timing may not match.

Sorry for the lack of features, I'm not a real programmer, just wanted this done for personal use.
You are actually such awesome for coding this works like a charm on my xl2411z. Is it possible to set the ama to premium through your program and change colour settings and overdrive.

Notty_PT

Post by Notty_PT » 25 Jul 2019, 11:11

Amazing work hleV, you are helping a lot of people. Thank you so much for your efforts and willing to help :!: :)

hleV

Post by hleV » 25 Jul 2019, 12:46

Friard wrote: Is it possible to set the ama to premium through your program and change colour settings and overdrive.
Do those settings reset when switching refresh rates?
BenQ XL2546K @ 240Hz (DyAC+) • ROCCAT Kone Pro Air @ 1000Hz • HyperX Alloy Origins • CORSAIR MM350 PRO Premium • HyperX Cloud Revolver • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 @ 2130MHz/8000MHz • Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz • G.SKILL RipjawsV 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15

remka56

Post by remka56 » 25 Jul 2019, 14:13

on benq xl2720z through dvi 220 hz works? anyone check?

Friard

Post by Friard » 25 Jul 2019, 15:57

hleV wrote:
Friard wrote: Is it possible to set the ama to premium through your program and change colour settings and overdrive.
Do those settings reset when switching refresh rates?
Yeah they do, I know because I max low blue light to 10 and in the rgb colour settings I put blue to 0. And I can tell ama is on high just from observation. But yeah I was so used to never using blue light on any displays even my phone that the other day I could not sleep I ended staying up till midday. Im not a coffee drinker either and both raise cortisol levels so yeah my tolerance is extremely low. Got 210hz working with your program but not having my display settings puts me on the fence especially if I can't fall asleep. And with premium ama I definitely see enemies quicker on counterstrike.

hleV

Post by hleV » 26 Jul 2019, 08:16

I can't reproduce this. OOR Fixer is restoring the previously-selected picture mode, so if your picture mode has those correct settings (AMA, colors, etc.), they should all be restored.

The behavior is the same as e.g. when you manually switch from 120Hz to 144Hz, and then set your desired picture mode. It sets everything according to that picture mode (which includes, AMA, colors and other stuff).

Try saving your picture mode settings into a custom Gamer1/Gamer2/Gamer3 profile if you haven't been doing this and retry.

If I'm not understanding something, please provide a step-by-step on how I can reproduce this (preferably on non-overclocked refresh rates). It's true that at overclocked refresh rates the colors can differ (in my case the picture gets brighter), but that's something one should adjust in their picture mode pre-overclock to accomodate for the post-overclock look.

I had added AMA restore to OOR Fixer but I don't think it serves any purpose since restoring picture mode should restore AMA as well as other settings automatically.
BenQ XL2546K @ 240Hz (DyAC+) • ROCCAT Kone Pro Air @ 1000Hz • HyperX Alloy Origins • CORSAIR MM350 PRO Premium • HyperX Cloud Revolver • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 @ 2130MHz/8000MHz • Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz • G.SKILL RipjawsV 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15

Friard

Post by Friard » 26 Jul 2019, 11:51

hleV wrote:I can't reproduce this. OOR Fixer is restoring the previously-selected picture mode, so if your picture mode has those correct settings (AMA, colors, etc.), they should all be restored.

The behavior is the same as e.g. when you manually switch from 120Hz to 144Hz, and then set your desired picture mode. It sets everything according to that picture mode (which includes, AMA, colors and other stuff).

Try saving your picture mode settings into a custom Gamer1/Gamer2/Gamer3 profile if you haven't been doing this and retry.

If I'm not understanding something, please provide a step-by-step on how I can reproduce this (preferably on non-overclocked refresh rates). It's true that at overclocked refresh rates the colors can differ (in my case the picture gets brighter), but that's something one should adjust in their picture mode pre-overclock to accomodate for the post-overclock look.

changed it from gamer1 to fps1 and back again fixed it for some reason. Thanks u r a legend showing my friends ur good work they all have the same monitor

I had added AMA restore to OOR Fixer but I don't think it serves any purpose since restoring picture mode should restore AMA as well as other settings automatically.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Jul 2019, 13:28

hlev wrote:I had added AMA restore to OOR Fixer but I don't think it serves any purpose since restoring picture mode should restore AMA as well as other settings automatically.
hlev,

In tune with Blur Busters' well known highly respected long-time philosophy of sharing ideas (ever since the LightBoost days in 2012) -- I wanted to thank you for your community service in making BenQ overclocking much easier!

We will be writing an article about BenQ overclocking soon and will be mentioning your utility and github.

I seem to recall that old XL2720Z firmwares, AMA often gets reset because of a picture mode memorization bug. So this feature is probably still useful!

I have an unreleased source code to a shelved display configuration utility derived from my various internal frameworks (which I used for Blur Busters Strobe Utility). I may provide an open source refresh rate configuration utility eventually (with fully customizable DDC autosends, for more than just this use case). But I'm glad you gave a headstart to the world -- this early basic app does make BenQ overclocking much easier!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Friard

Post by Friard » 26 Jul 2019, 19:40

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Friard wrote:I had added AMA restore to OOR Fixer but I don't think it serves any purpose since restoring picture mode should restore AMA as well as other settings automatically.
I didn't code this hahahaha i accidentally embedded my response inside the quotations of the actual creator of this plugin "hlev". If you look at the paragraph above you can see my one sentence response sandwiched inside there somewhere: "changed it from gamer1 to fps1 and back again fixed it for some reason. Thanks u r a legend showing my friends ur good work they all have the same monitor".

[Update by Chief Blur Buster -- thanks; this is now fixed]