Every LED monitor causes eyestrain. Please help.

There are over 100 ergonomic issues from displays, far more than just flicker and blue light. This forum covers the giant variety of display ergonomics issues.
rasmas

Re: Every LED monitor causes eyestrain. Please help.

Post by rasmas » 29 Jul 2019, 11:06

Jason38 wrote:...
I can use this monitor at 60 Hz with the overdrive set to max. I play consoles on it all the time. The max I can get over my computer through HDMI is 120hz. My settings are as follows
Brightness 0
Contrast 55
Black stabilizer 55
Response time - faster
Black level low

Have you tried turning over the windows night light just to turn down the brightness a bit well reading web pages? It's a strange problem I have but I guess I like dim screens especially when reading text. When I'm gaming I don't play with the windows night light I leave it off.
Thanks for the detailed answer!

That seems a bit low brightness for my tastes (maybe i am in a more lighted room than you) but i'll try it :) .

Also, when you say "overdrive set to max" do you mean "Response time - faster" as you say later (i cannot see "overdrive" setting). And "Black level low", did you do anything to activate that setting? I have it disabled no idea why (only idea is i have it by DisplayPort, and maybe it only works with HDMI? that must be)...

By the way, i just lowered "Black stabilizer" to 0 and i like the blacks more (just a few seconds ago so no sure, and have to try at games xD ).

Thanks again ;) .

Jason38

Post by Jason38 » 29 Jul 2019, 11:53

rasmas wrote:
I can use this monitor at 60 Hz with the overdrive set to max. I play consoles on it all the time. The max I can get over my computer through HDMI is 120hz. My settings are as follows
Brightness 0
Contrast 55
Black stabilizer 55
Response time - faster
Black level low

Have you tried turning over the windows night light just to turn down the brightness a bit well reading web pages? It's a strange problem I have but I guess I like dim screens especially when reading text. When I'm gaming I don't play with the windows night light I leave it off.
Thanks for the detailed answer!

That seems a bit low brightness for my tastes (maybe i am in a more lighted room than you) but i'll try it :) .

Also, when you say "overdrive set to max" do you mean "Response time - faster" as you say later (i cannot see "overdrive" setting). And "Black level low", did you do anything to activate that setting? I have it disabled no idea why (only idea is i have it by DisplayPort, and maybe it only works with HDMI? that must be)...

By the way, i just lowered "Black stabilizer" to 0 and i like the blacks more (just a few seconds ago so no sure, and have to try at games xD ).

Thanks again ;) .
Yeah I seem to have issues with bright screens when reading and I generate that result using any type of screen CRT/Plasma/OLED always have to use extra measures when reading. Ever since I was 19 I had issues with bright whites on webpages and the old NES games white text on black back grounds which I usually have to play with the brightness/contrast to get those whites a little more dim to not get strained. Yeah I meant response time faster for over drive. The black level low is a setting I have with HDMI can't say for display port as my graphics card doesn't have a display port on it. My game room has a window and 6 halogens and one incandescent which sometimes is still hard to over power an LED screen. I like to have my lights brighter then my screen if possible. Good luck.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 30 Jul 2019, 14:27

Yeah I seem to have issues with bright screens when reading and I generate that result using any type of screen CRT/Plasma/OLED always have to use extra measures when reading. Ever since I was 19 I had issues with bright whites on webpages and the old NES games white text on black back grounds which I usually have to play with the brightness/contrast to get those whites a little more dim to not get strained. Yeah I meant response time faster for over drive. The black level low is a setting I have with HDMI can't say for display port as my graphics card doesn't have a display port on it. My game room has a window and 6 halogens and one incandescent which sometimes is still hard to over power an LED screen. I like to have my lights brighter then my screen if possible. Good luck.
Thanks again for the detailed answers :) .

I didn't want to mess a lot with settings but i've seen (thanks to your answer) it changes a lot how it looks, so i'll play with them :D .

;)