Successful OC'd - Microsoft Surface Go Tablet - 110Hz!

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
TEAML6Kiba

Post by TEAML6Kiba » 01 Jun 2019, 16:35

Hey guys!

Is anyone with a Microsoft Surface Go around here?

I got one from my boss to do "business stuff"

(Mainly play VideoGames via GeForce NOW and Shadow while pretending to study for my Cisco CCNP exam :P)

and I am quite impressed that this little puppy is capable of pushing 100Hz without any Frameskips so far.
Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to test it further in terms of ghosting, response, artifacts, etc.

Device is the Microsoft Surface Go MHN-00003
Display is a Sharp SHP14A6

Do you have experience with the Surface Go or other devices of the same nature?
Impacts on Battery Life, Heat Output, ... ?

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on this :).

Cheers

Robin

EDIT:

110Hz stable too!

But somehow I can't insert 120Hz. CRU has it in the list but it isn't available after a restart.
Furthermore: The Refresh rate isn't automatically applied upon restart. System always starts with 60Hz (which I kept just in case :P).

SunsetChaser

Post by SunsetChaser » 29 Jul 2019, 15:04

Nice, I have one. Will have to try this later.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jul 2019, 17:09

Fantastic refresh rate overclocking feat for a Microsoft Surface tablet!

You'd think overclock headroom would be nil or tiny (and they often are) -- but some devices continue to surprise, such as BenQ 144Hz XL2411 overclocked to 220Hz, as well as that 60Hz laptop that successfully overclocked to 180Hz. Some unexpected overclocking headrooms indeed.
TEAML6Kiba wrote:But somehow I can't insert 120Hz. CRU has it in the list but it isn't available after a restart.
Furthermore: The Refresh rate isn't automatically applied upon restart. System always starts with 60Hz (which I kept just in case :P).
Try reduced porches -- a Horizontal Total that's only 24 more than horizontal resolution. 8 for Front Porch, 8 for Sync, 8 for Back Porch.

This will allow 120Hz with roughly the current dotclock of 110Hz.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!