Should I give up on making Fortnite smooth?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
GFresha

Should I give up on making Fortnite smooth?

Post by GFresha » 02 Aug 2019, 01:39

I don't know what to do anymore I tried it all from gsync to no sync to ULMB to in game cap to RTSS cap to gsync + vsync on (in control panel) to gsync on and vsync off to everything. Hell even fast sync as well.

Literally every game is so smooth its crazy, I tried Apex legends, CSGO, OW and all are butter smooth except this shit game.

I even tried single player graphic heavy games like Far cry 5, Rage 2, assinssins creed origins and again its all good. Only this game always having issues for me.

Some days I hop on and my frametime is butter smooth with spikes reaching 25 MS at the max and some days it feels like a choppy mess. I don't know if its the game yet people don't complain about it much or if their is smth I gotta do on my end for the game but this shit is wack mates!

ko4

Re: Should I give up on making Fortnite smooth?

Post by ko4 » 02 Aug 2019, 02:11

Have you tried a standby memory clearer?

GFresha

Post by GFresha » 03 Aug 2019, 17:31

ko4 wrote:Have you tried a standby memory clearer?
Yeah just tried it, didn't fix it :(

Apprently its the new update that is causing the hitches, my FPS drops from 162 to like 150 but my frametime spikes to like 20 MS and it happens every few seconds, especially when I am building.

I checked my bros PC (Ryzen CPU/NVIDIA GPU) and his game is butter smooth, my build is (8700k/ 2080 GPU) and stuttering like crazy. Reports of people having the same issues as I are showing up but i don't know why some Pcs have it and others don't, pros are not complaining about this. But even without updating, this is the only game that just does not feel smooth to me at all!

GFresha

Post by GFresha » 04 Aug 2019, 15:32

Can anyone make sense of why my frametime is like this? Lol...

https://imgur.com/x8ZS1Jo

I used to get a spike every minute but now my frametime is crazy all the time with this game... I am using windows 10 LTSB version but I don't think that's relevant. FPS capped vs uncapped = same result here. Could this be a monitor issue?

theangryregulator

Post by theangryregulator » 04 Aug 2019, 23:44

Aren't people complaining about microstuttering on the forums? I play fortnite only here and there but so far season X doesn't run that well to me.