Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

96hz double shutter BFI in software

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.

96hz double shutter BFI in software

Postby flushentitypacket » 12 Aug 2019, 23:02

I read something on avsforum a while back about some experimental software for doing software BFI. Tried signing up for the beta email list but it may not have worked.

Is there anything out there right now that can do this for 24p content over HDMI on OLED TVs? (for 30p content I'm guessing 60hz + TV BFI should be ok). Right now it seems like 120hz+TV BFI is out of the question.

(sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, searched a bunch and couldnt find any posts on this specific topic). Thanks!
flushentitypacket

Re: 96hz double shutter BFI in software

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 19 Aug 2019, 13:41

The concept works with certain displays -- but nothing is commercially available yet at this time. I apologize.

It is important to note that BFI is a band-aid for displays that were not originally engineered to do what we want them to do.
However, it is a wonderful band-aid and on some displays, it works really well, while on other displays it does not work well.

As an alternative, here is a related thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5625
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

       To support Blur Busters:
       • Official List of Best Gaming Monitors
       • List of G-SYNC Monitors
       • List of FreeSync Monitors
       • List of Ultrawide Monitors
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Return to Eliminating Motion Blur — LightBoost / ULMB / ELMB / DyAc