Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby Jason38 » 12 Aug 2019, 22:05

is this monitor limited to 60hz when used with HDMI? Or can it at least go to 120hz?
Jason38
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 24 May 2019, 10:23

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby hleV » 13 Aug 2019, 01:50

michaelcycle00 wrote:May I know where did this hatred towards the BenQ XL2546 come from? 99% of the people that try it loves it and according to BenQ DyAc doesn't add any input lag. Not to mention no one has ever said they noticed ghosting while playing with this monitor. I also hate the fact that the XF525Q has some clouding and backlight bleed... even if it's just a little.

Someone should compile a FAQ for these things, as it's pretty hard to find the answer.

BenQ claims DyAc doesn't add input lag, but as I know it's the same as BenQ's non-DyAc blur reductions: there's input lag, but not so much that it'd matter.
BenQ XL2411Z / 180Hz OC / BR off
User avatar
hleV
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 27 May 2017, 10:31

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby ko4 » 13 Aug 2019, 02:05

steel116 wrote:After 7 units of Dell AW2518HF, 2 units of Asus XG258Q, 1 unit of XG248Q, 1 unit of AOC AG251FZ and couple 144hz (but doesnt matter actually in 240hz segment)


jesus christ how are you not banned from wherever you're buying your monitors from lmao
ko4
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 06 Jul 2018, 16:14

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby forcedreg » 13 Aug 2019, 03:17

Jason38 wrote:is this monitor limited to 60hz when used with HDMI? Or can it at least go to 120hz?

AFAIK it can do 240hz with hdmi 2.0, I think it comes with only hdmi cable in the box as well. I think it doesn't matter whether you use hdmi or displayport for 240hz but I could be wrong.

steel116 wrote:What i can say is that BenQ has best Black eQualizer - and i've tried them on all monitors.

XF252Q has similar feature, right? How does it compare? I could also say this about XL2546: One reason I didn't personally go for it was that there's no data about it, even though everyone seems to love it. It probably is the best one for esports titles in the older panel lineup though and I hate how there's no throughout review made about it.
forcedreg
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Aug 2019, 04:52

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby Shrib » 13 Aug 2019, 05:38

How's the motion clarity on the monitor? Does it seem blurry? How's the overdrive? When you pan extremely fast at 240hz does it remain fairly stable? On my Dell AW2518HF it's pretty blurry during fast motion (like turning really quick even at 240 fps).
Shrib
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 08:24

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby Leki » 13 Aug 2019, 07:07

forcedreg wrote:
steel116 wrote:What i can say is that BenQ has best Black eQualizer - and i've tried them on all monitors.

XF252Q has similar feature, right? How does it compare?


I would also like to know about this feature, i think it's called "black boost" in the osd settings and allows you to choose values from 1 to 10 which is better than just an on or off.

Can anyone who bought this monitor test the feature on games with dark area's and see if it helps brighten up the area well without over brightening the whole screen. I read setting it on 2 or 3 is the best balance.

Any photos with it off and on on the same area would also be great to see the difference.
Leki
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Jul 2019, 17:09

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby steel116 » 13 Aug 2019, 13:53

forcedreg wrote:
Jason38 wrote:is this monitor limited to 60hz when used with HDMI? Or can it at least go to 120hz?

AFAIK it can do 240hz with hdmi 2.0, I think it comes with only hdmi cable in the box as well. I think it doesn't matter whether you use hdmi or displayport for 240hz but I could be wrong.

steel116 wrote:What i can say is that BenQ has best Black eQualizer - and i've tried them on all monitors.

XF252Q has similar feature, right? How does it compare? I could also say this about XL2546: One reason I didn't personally go for it was that there's no data about it, even though everyone seems to love it. It probably is the best one for esports titles in the older panel lineup though and I hate how there's no throughout review made about it.


First things first, i did most test within unit in the 1-2 days after i received a monitor. And i didn't unpack rest of the monitor (didnt unpack anything, like cables etc. ) and i always left panel without any fingerprints anywhere, i just tested if there is Backlight bleeding and had to decide fi keep it or return. Its pretty common.
steel116
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 06:23

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby steel116 » 13 Aug 2019, 17:59

Leki wrote:
forcedreg wrote:
steel116 wrote:What i can say is that BenQ has best Black eQualizer - and i've tried them on all monitors.

XF252Q has similar feature, right? How does it compare?


I would also like to know about this feature, i think it's called "black boost" in the osd settings and allows you to choose values from 1 to 10 which is better than just an on or off.

Can anyone who bought this monitor test the feature on games with dark area's and see if it helps brighten up the area well without over brightening the whole screen. I read setting it on 2 or 3 is the best balance.

Any photos with it off and on on the same area would also be great to see the difference.


Monitor is less blurry when flicking a mouse immidiately. That's highly noticeable. For my eyes its enough to see clearly.

What i noticed is that if you want to implement "Crosshair" built in the monitor (for instance Asus also has this feature) and put it on Display, the crosshair or actually the lines are garbage :D The curves of the crosshair are dent at some point (worth mentioning,but personally i won't use it, since these crosshairs takes too much space on screen and reduces visibility)

The best thing i've noticed playing on this monitor, is that it handles well playing at 150FPS with monitor set at 240hz. The gameplay is smoother, there is way less stuttering and tearing because of the disparity. ( i can compare it only to DELL AW2518HF, since i have them side by side)

Black boost works equally like in most Acer products - similiar to Asus XG258Q, it's not as good as in BenQ's. I can't compare it to anything. But its not bugged like in Dell and doesnt add any grain to the picture.
steel116
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 06:23

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby steel116 » 14 Aug 2019, 01:58

Hello again,

for those curious people i created a short picture to present how does backlight bleeding/clouding looks like in this monitor.


I can just tell you how does it look on my unit (but from reviews, i see its pretty common, that left side of the XF252Q is darker, while right side is brighter (clouding appears).

Although as far as i know most units have those blue lines of backlight bleeding at the edges. (its completely harmless) you won't notice it unless you really try and try to look at specific angle. (if you're looking directly at the monitor, you're fine. ) problem may occur at dark sceneries when you watch from the side or just basically not in front of the monitor.

Image
steel116
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 06:23

Re: Acer XF252Q - this is my endgame

Postby MatrixQW » 14 Aug 2019, 04:07

steel116 wrote:In their recent ASUS VG258QR 144hz 0.5ms the ghosting is the same shit, super annoying, and guaranteed eye-strain after 1 hour of playing.

I have the monitor, it's 165hz not 144.
With FreeSync there is no ghosting at TraceFree 60. At TraceFree 100 there is a slight purple corona with ufo test but in games it isn't visible 90% of the time.
I play games where I have more than 165fps and although FreeSync deactivates itself it doesn't matter, it's overdrive mantains and image is still fine.

https://imgur.com/a/dHvKgqc
This was shot with my phone and the camera is bad. It doesn't show exactly what I see but just so you "get the picture" that there is no purple corona.
MatrixQW
 
Posts: 143
Joined: 07 Jan 2019, 10:01

PreviousNext

Return to General — Displays, Graphics & More

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests