Help fixing constant stuttering/input lag

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TTT

Help fixing constant stuttering/input lag

Post by TTT » 10 Aug 2019, 12:32

If you see my other topics they are all about stuttering/input lag. I thought it was just certain circumstances but it seems to happen on every game, even offline.

I get constant frame spikes with a 5-10 fps drop and intermittent input lag (which seems to change with the stutters).

Everything is set up right, there is no bloatware or anything running in the background.
It happens no syncs, vsync on, gsync on with or without vsync.
It happens even If I'm not doing anything so its not the input or mouse polling.
I can limit the fps so nothing is near maxing and it still does it.
All the usage and temps are normal, 3D Mark benchmark is fine and during that it doesn't stutter at all.
I've reset the pc and reinstalled windows about 5-6 times and it makes no difference.

Its a pre built pc and its been back twice and they said all tests are fine. Even though the 2nd time they said they replaced the gpu and a fan because I was complaining about buzzing and noises (Even though they still happen).

1070TI, i5-8400, 8GB 2400 Ram.

I feel like there is nothing else I can do, there is clearly something not right though.

Anybody help me? :evil:

Edit:

Also on BO4 there are some strange issues, but I think they are more the game because its not like all the other games.
I have it limited to 60 fps and the CPU usage spikes to 100% and causes huge stutters. Also it randomly drops the GPU usage right down and and maxes out the CPU, it literally stuttered and went to 1%GPU/100% CPU. :?:

1000WATT

Re: Help fixing constant stuttering/input lag

Post by 1000WATT » 10 Aug 2019, 16:08

TTT wrote: All the usage and temps are normal, 3D Mark benchmark is fine and during that it doesn't stutter at all.

Also it randomly drops the GPU usage right down and and maxes out the CPU, it literally stuttered and went to 1%GPU/100% CPU. :?:
If you can trust "fortune telling on coffee grounds".
Very similar to the swap file. Not enough RAM.
game, swap file, windows, hibernate file, are on the same drive?
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

TTT

Post by TTT » 10 Aug 2019, 17:00

1000WATT wrote:
TTT wrote: All the usage and temps are normal, 3D Mark benchmark is fine and during that it doesn't stutter at all.

Also it randomly drops the GPU usage right down and and maxes out the CPU, it literally stuttered and went to 1%GPU/100% CPU. :?:
If you can trust "fortune telling on coffee grounds".
Very similar to the swap file. Not enough RAM.
game, swap file, windows, hibernate file, are on the same drive?
I've never maxed ram yet. The stuttering happens on BF3 campaign though which is using like half my RAM.

Windows is on a standard SSD and games are on a standard HD, I've tried putting a game on the SSD but it didn't fix it.

Windows is on high performance power plan, game set to maximum performance in NCP. I've tried turning off all the power management settings for the CPU in the BIOS.

ko4

Post by ko4 » 13 Aug 2019, 02:02

try using a standby memory fix such as ISLC

Zennon

Post by Zennon » 13 Aug 2019, 02:45

Bring up Task manager, if you have not already click show more.
Click on processes
Click on CPU so it brings the CPU hogs to the top, check this while gaming.
Next check the RAM by doing the same.

To stop Windows 10 CPU and RAM hogs.
Windows 10 settings.
Privacy.
Turn it all off in every section, unless you use one of them.
Making sure all the background apps are turned off and all the diagnostics.