G sync and v sync in nvidia control panel cause flickers

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Kranzes

G sync and v sync in nvidia control panel cause flickers

Post by Kranzes » 14 Aug 2019, 08:13

Ok so i have a 240hz g sync monitor (PG258Q) when ever i enable g sync and vsync in control panel and cap my fps 3 fps below my refresh rate (237) i get ton of black screen flickers

i used DDU DIDNT WORK
i tried using an older gpu driver DIDNT WORK
if i disable g sync it fixes the problem...

i dont know what to do... :(

knypol

Re: G sync and v sync in nvidia control panel cause flickers

Post by knypol » 15 Aug 2019, 10:40

Got this monitor for more than 1 yr and never got such problems. I always try to be on latest driver&win 10 version. Tested many games limited below 240 fps ingame or with RTSS with nvidia VSYNC ON. I noticed that with Nvidia VSYNC and GSYNC everything is much more fluid than without VSYNC.

Worth to mention is that i use only 1 monitor setup (no other monitor connected to my gfx card).

Kranzes

Post by Kranzes » 15 Aug 2019, 14:27

knypol wrote:Got this monitor for more than 1 yr and never got such problems. I always try to be on latest driver&win 10 version. Tested many games limited below 240 fps ingame or with RTSS with nvidia VSYNC ON. I noticed that with Nvidia VSYNC and GSYNC everything is much more fluid than without VSYNC.

Worth to mention is that i use only 1 monitor setup (no other monitor connected to my gfx card).
i tried with only one monitor connected and it still didnt work you think i should go to the store and tell them about it and they can maybe give me a new one?

i also tried using a different cable

knypol

Post by knypol » 15 Aug 2019, 15:45

If u can try it on different computer and then go to shop. There should be no black flickering at all.

Kranzes

Post by Kranzes » 15 Aug 2019, 16:42

knypol wrote:If u can try it on different computer and then go to shop. There should be no black flickering at all.

its really inconsistent when i alt tab back into the game for 1s its fine then it will flash once and go back to normal and its fine
its like only when alt tabing in

knypol

Post by knypol » 15 Aug 2019, 16:57

Fast google'ing indeed showing that ppl have kind of flickering problems not only with this particular monitor. One says that is driver problem - if U have time reinstall windows and install latest drivers. Other says its DP cable problem. Bf1, Bf5, Apex, R6S, ROE have no problems on 240Hz in fullscreen mode.

Kranzes

Post by Kranzes » 15 Aug 2019, 18:25

knypol wrote:Fast google'ing indeed showing that ppl have kind of flickering problems not only with this particular monitor. One says that is driver problem - if U have time reinstall windows and install latest drivers. Other says its DP cable problem. Bf1, Bf5, Apex, R6S, ROE have no problems on 240Hz in fullscreen mode.
idk the game im playing if Fortnite... i tried a different display port cable...i tried DDU... i tried with only one monitor...i tried older drivers...

knypol

Post by knypol » 16 Aug 2019, 03:26

Fortnite works good aswell so i suggest test Your monitor on different PC and if this wont help go to shop and replace it.

Kranzes

Post by Kranzes » 16 Aug 2019, 03:55

knypol wrote:Fortnite works good aswell so i suggest test Your monitor on different PC and if this wont help go to shop and replace it.
you think it matters that i dont get 240fps on my other pc ? i only get like 160

knypol

Post by knypol » 16 Aug 2019, 04:16

Try it on CS:GO its free to play now and im sure u'll get 300+ (and limit to 237)