XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ROCKZ

Re: XF252Q Up on Amazon!

Post by ROCKZ » 08 Aug 2019, 20:38

steel116 wrote:Guys, can someone tell me finally that do i have to worry that my store listed this monitor as " Acer Nitro XF252QXbmiiprzx "

Becasue i saw in earlier post that you said something about older panels and shit, and that "QX" is older version than only "Q" one.

Is that true? can someone finally sum it up and say what to do? I want this monitor so bad.
Take a look at the 2nd page of this thread

masneb

Post by masneb » 08 Aug 2019, 21:52

They're the same, they weren't all listed under the same exact model number.

forcedreg

Post by forcedreg » 09 Aug 2019, 11:18

shekel wrote:Can everyone please vote for Acer XF252Q on RTINGS so we can see if it's better than HP Omen X 25f, it's currently at 38 votes.
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/suggestions
Voted for xf252q! ;) Althouh the review of the good old xl2411 would be nice as well because there's no input lag tests of it (that I'm aware of).

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 10 Aug 2019, 08:30

InBetweenNames wrote:Just FYI to everyone: I just received my XF252Q yesterday and I wanted to let you know that the motion blur reduction seems to only have two modes: "Normal" and "Extreme". It's hard to tell the difference between them except that "Normal" is brighter than "Extreme".
That means the "extreme" setting uses a lower pulse width. I also can't tell much difference between high and low pulse width, but some people can (lower pulse width has less motion blur.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Max_hz

Post by Max_hz » 10 Aug 2019, 09:49

yes and also this panel increases the backlight intensity at higher refresh rates, this is what tft wrote

"When you enable the VRB mode the brightness control becomes locked, and there is no way to manually control it yourself.
It doesn't matter what your brightness control was before, the luminance output when you enable VRB is always the same.
This does vary depending on the refresh rate, but oddly the brightness actually increases as you increase the refresh rate.
You would think that with more strobes per second, the brightness would be negatively impacted,
but it looks like Acer have instead ramped up the backlight intensity a bit at higher refresh rates.
You can see that the 'Extreme' mode has a fairly noticeable impact on brightness of the screen.
You will see from our motion clarity tests below that there wasn't really any noticeable improvement when switching to the 'Extreme' mode,
but you may want to use if to limit your brightness a bit potentially.
For those who want a brighter VRB experience though, it was nice to see a high upper brightness capability from this display."

@InBetweenNames
Personally, I prefer less brightness so I'm using the "Extreme" setting

"You will see from our motion clarity tests below that there wasn't really any noticeable improvement when switching to the 'Extreme' mode,
but you may want to use if to limit your brightness a bit potentially."
In use: Asus VG259QM IPS 240-280hz - Hanns-G HS233 TN 120hz
Used before: LG 24LG600 TN 144hz - HP Omen X 25f TN 240hz - ViewSonic XG2402 TN 144hz - Asus VG259Q IPS 144hz

masneb

Post by masneb » 12 Aug 2019, 16:54

Based on initial subjective reviews I've pulled the trigger as well. The one Amazon review only complains about a missing DP cable (lol). Will post experience compared to my PG258Q.

whitepuzzle

Post by whitepuzzle » 12 Aug 2019, 21:00

I'm very tempted to get the XF252Q but I'm trying to wait for a ViewSonic implementation of the M250HTN01.9... Or at the very least, the XN253QX since I want to try true G-sync. I hate how staggered and slow monitor launches are. Wish they could be more like video card launches.

forcedreg

Post by forcedreg » 13 Aug 2019, 02:59

Can I join the itchy trigger finger club? Bought it as well.
whitepuzzle wrote:I'm very tempted to get the XF252Q but I'm trying to wait for a ViewSonic implementation of the M250HTN01.9... Or at the very least, the XN253QX since I want to try true G-sync. I hate how staggered and slow monitor launches are. Wish they could be more like video card launches.
I feel your pain, I first considered waiting if BenQ is going to do something but then I remembered that they tend to be slow to adapt and the price is also gonna be almost double.

masneb

Post by masneb » 14 Aug 2019, 14:29

There is no reason to hold brand bias with monitors now days. Even if they use the same panel you wont get the same experience. Just getting one well made monitor from one manufacturer using a certain panel does not mean you'll get the same from other manufacturers, just the same as they may never release another good monitor after that one or they may.

masneb

Post by masneb » 16 Aug 2019, 09:45

Yes, it's all around better then my 258Q. I got a little bit of bleed in a spot on the left side and a bit on the top right in a splotch, lighter then the left. Both are acceptable and probably wouldn't have even noticed them without doing a blackout test. The monitor is very barebones otherwise, Acer could've spent a tiny bit of time on design and their UI. It's a pretty top notch monitor, however I haven't used that many monitors so YMMV.

This will probably hold me off till OLEDs or something record breaking comes along. The problems I had with response time at 240hz and the smearing it had seems to be gone. Perfectly happy with my purchase so far and 'downgrading' from my older monitor to this. Let you guys know if something changes my mind.