x25 / x25f / xl2546

All Unidentified Forum Objects go in this area! Any fun alien talk goes in this U.F.O. Abduction Lounge, even topics other than monitors or computers. Introduce yourself!
OwBoNo

Re: x25 / x25f / xl2546

Post by OwBoNo » 20 Sep 2019, 13:14

1000WATT wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote: It's accurate to an error margin of approximately (camera shutter time + refresh cycle time), though there can be additional variables. So a 1/240sec shutter and a 240Hz monitor, will add about a 2/240sec error margin band to your latency result comparision. That can be good enough for some user testing if you don't have other requipment.
Photos were taken from 1/1000 to 1/3200.
If the software does not fool me.
https://imgur.com/a/G1yoz3X
Q83Ia7ta wrote:The work of overdrive can be seen at testufo.com at ghosting test for example.
Do you propose to limit yourself exclusively to testufo.com at ghosting test?
I'm not so conservative. and I prefer to customize each color (rgb) separately using a completely different test.
But you are right, the traditions of the forum should be respected.

x25
https://imgur.com/a/nW9YsMy

od 3
https://imgur.com/a/o7V8yZQ

od 4
https://imgur.com/a/X00SOyY
OwBoNo wrote: What settings do you recommend for lowest Input Lag and the least Motion Blur/Ghosting and still having good colors.
Aren't you interested in checking this yourself? or you replace monitors so quickly that there is no time to study them)). I recommend returning it, vertical lines (inversion) spoil everything.
I did own a PG258Q but couldn’t stand the Ghosting/Blur/Blue Trail and the Input lag felt worse than my S2416DG.
I don’t own any testing equipment so I go by asking people’s opinions, experiences, and looking up reviews. I will receive the monitor tomorrow, do you think the Acer XN253QX would have been a better choice? Oh and which 240hz do you recommend.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 21 Sep 2019, 01:59

OwBoNo wrote: I did own a PG258Q but couldn’t stand the Ghosting/Blur/Blue Trail and the Input lag felt worse than my S2416DG.
I don’t own any testing equipment so I go by asking people’s opinions, experiences, and looking up reviews. I will receive the monitor tomorrow, do you think the Acer XN253QX would have been a better choice? Oh and which 240hz do you recommend.
Bro I’m looking for a 240 hertz monitor for myself. And I can’t find a suitable one for my requirements. I can’t advise since all the monitors that passed through my hands had their negative features.
Also, I do not share the people's admiration for the 2019 monitors.
If in the period from 2015 to 2019 they were able to increase the contrast by ~ 10%. This does not seem like a breakthrough to me.
And extreme overdrive modes with supposedly shorter transition time from gray to gray are simply unsuitable for use. Remember the extreme overdrive pg258q.
All I can do for you is to say that there are vertical lines of inversion. If you can use a monitor with these lines, then leave this monitor to yourself from those monitors that I had x25 has the best settings out of the box.

https://imgur.com/RIz6GI9
1 pg258q r96 g100 b88 contrast 30 od normal gamma 2.4
2 x25 default (od2)
3 x25 r 84 g 86 b 80 od2
4 XN253QX pcmonitors
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 21 Sep 2019, 09:50

1000WATT wrote:Do you propose to limit yourself exclusively to testufo.com at ghosting test?
I'm not so conservative. and I prefer to customize each color (rgb) separately using a completely different test.
You can change background color in test options located at top and even picture can be changed with some html/javascript skills https://i.imgur.com/mvte7YA.png
Good quality photos btw. Check this out viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2729

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 21 Sep 2019, 15:05

Q83Ia7ta wrote:
1000WATT wrote:Do you propose to limit yourself exclusively to testufo.com at ghosting test?
You can change background color in test options located at top and even picture can be changed with some html/javascript skills https://i.imgur.com/mvte7YA.png
I really see no reason to complicate things.
To configure overdrive, 2 colors are enough: black and white in the test + digital brightness in nvcp + (RGB) of each separately in the menu of the monitor itself. just nice for users, but it will not show ghosts more clearly as a black + white test.
Q83Ia7ta wrote: Check this out viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2729
I do not have a camera 1000 fps. And since it is not possible to capture the fullness of the smoothness of the transition from my camera, the results are not accurate. I understand it.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

OwBoNo

Post by OwBoNo » 21 Sep 2019, 17:18

1000WATT wrote:
OwBoNo wrote: I did own a PG258Q but couldn’t stand the Ghosting/Blur/Blue Trail and the Input lag felt worse than my S2416DG.
Bro I’m looking for a 240 hertz monitor for myself. And I can’t find a suitable one for my requirements. I can’t advise since all the monitors that passed through my hands had their negative features.
Also, I do not share the people's admiration for the 2019 monitors.
If in the period from 2015 to 2019 they were able to increase the contrast by ~ 10%. This does not seem like a breakthrough to me.
And extreme overdrive modes with supposedly shorter transition time from gray to gray are simply unsuitable for use. Remember the extreme overdrive pg258q.
All I can do for you is to say that there are vertical lines of inversion. If you can use a monitor with these lines, then leave this monitor to yourself from those monitors that I had x25 has the best settings out of the box.

https://imgur.com/RIz6GI9
1 pg258q r96 g100 b88 contrast 30 od normal gamma 2.4
2 x25 default (od2)
3 x25 r 84 g 86 b 80 od2
4 XN253QX pcmonitors
Thanks for the comparisons!
I have some questions hope you can help me with.
Which gamma do you recommend for the X 25? I use 2.4.
Why am I missing some settings on my monitor, I can only change the Luminance which is the brightness right? there is no setting to change the contrast.
On RTings Calibration for the X25f they put the color setting to Native which is not on the X25 which is weird.
and they calibrate the monitor with RGB 255-255-255 values, on the x 25 its RGB 100-100-100 values?
And why would RTings Recommend Overdrive 3 if it is so much worse than Overdrive 2 with ghosting/blue trail.
And lastly could you kindly explain the difference between Overdrive 2 vs 3 from these graphs

Overdrive 2
https://www.rtings.com/images/reviews/m ... -large.jpg

Overdrive 3
https://www.rtings.com/images/reviews/m ... -large.jpg

how much worse is 2 over 3 for Input Lag?

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 22 Sep 2019, 09:22

OwBoNo wrote: 1 Which gamma do you recommend for the X 25? I use 2.4.
2 Why am I missing some settings on my monitor, I can only change the Luminance which is the brightness right? there is no setting to change the contrast.
3 On RTings Calibration for the X25f they put the color setting to Native which is not on the X25 which is weird.
and they calibrate the monitor with RGB 255-255-255 values, on the x 25 its RGB 100-100-100 values?
4 And why would RTings Recommend Overdrive 3 if it is so much worse than Overdrive 2 with ghosting/blue trail.
5 And lastly could you kindly explain the difference between Overdrive 2 vs 3 from these graphs
6how much worse is 2 over 3 for Input Lag?
1 I recommend any option that you like best))
2 Why not? ask HP. there are rgb settings if you move them synchronously. example r100 g100 b100 = 50 contrast then r50 g50 b50 = 25 contrast. (This does not apply to absolutely every monitor, but you can try. x25 rgb from 0 to 200, the default of 100 can be regarded as 50 contrast.
3 on x25 there is no Native preset. on x25f there is no Vivid preset.
4 In the First, RTings have large eggs.) And they can afford to recommend whatever they consider acceptable.Secondly. x25f already with od2 has visible ghosts. thanks hiimdoug for the photo download/file.php?mode=view&id=439. And od3 only slightly worsens the situation.
5 https://imgur.com/ANl1fJP
6 In this forum, we try not to confuse the "response time" and "input lag. simpler to say: no od option will reduce the input lag.

OwBoNo

Post by OwBoNo » 22 Sep 2019, 12:14

1000WATT wrote:
OwBoNo wrote: 1 Which gamma do you recommend for the X 25? I use 2.4.
2 Why am I missing some settings on my monitor, I can only change the Luminance which is the brightness right? there is no setting to change the contrast.
3 On RTings Calibration for the X25f they put the color setting to Native which is not on the X25 which is weird.
4 And why would RTings Recommend Overdrive 3 if it is so much worse than Overdrive 2 with ghosting/blue trail.
5 And lastly could you kindly explain the difference between Overdrive 2 vs 3 from these graphs
6how much worse is 2 over 3 for Input Lag?
1 I recommend any option that you like best))
2 Why not? ask HP. there are rgb settings if you move them synchronously. example r100 g100 b100 = 50 contrast then r50 g50 b50 = 25 contrast. (This does not apply to absolutely every monitor, but you can try. x25 rgb from 0 to 200, the default of 100 can be regarded as 50 contrast.
3 on x25 there is no Native preset. on x25f there is no Vivid preset.
4 In the First, RTings have large eggs.) And they can afford to recommend whatever they consider acceptable.Secondly. x25f already with od2 has visible ghosts. thanks hiimdoug for the photo download/file.php?mode=view&id=439. And od3 only slightly worsens the situation.
5 https://imgur.com/ANl1fJP
6 In this forum, we try not to confuse the "response time" and "input lag. simpler to say: no od option will reduce the input lag.
Thanks again for the detailed response.
Isn’t it a really strange way to implement contrast within the RGB Values?
So your telling me the Overdrive Response Time has nothing to do with Input Lag? So regardless if I chose Overdrive 2 over 3 I will have the Lowest Input lag as advertised by RTings?
What does the Overdrive Response Time do then? In which situation would you want Overdrive 3 over 2?
And I tried your RGB Values for the X25 I found it to be a bit greenish, what did you try to fix/Calibrate with these Values?

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 23 Sep 2019, 01:38

Isn’t it a really strange way to implement contrast within the RGB Values?
it's better than nothing.
So your telling me the Overdrive Response Time has nothing to do with Input Lag? So regardless if I chose Overdrive 2 over 3 I will have the Lowest Input lag as advertised by RTings?
they did not test x25. We tested the 24.5" OMEN X 25f, which is one of many monitors in the OMEN X lineup. There is also a true G-SYNC version, known as the OMEN X25, which hasn't been released yet. We expect it to have different ports, but otherwise perform similarly to the version we've tested.
What does the Overdrive Response Time do then? In which situation would you want Overdrive 3 over 2?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5752&start=20#p43994
And I tried your RGB Values for the X25 I found it to be a bit greenish, what did you try to fix/Calibrate with these Values?
blue color reduction. less fatigue for my eyes. it is individual.

OwBoNo

Post by OwBoNo » 23 Sep 2019, 03:42

1000WATT wrote:Isn’t it a really strange way to implement contrast within the RGB Values?
it's better than nothing.
they did not test x25. We tested the 24.5" OMEN X 25f, which is one of many monitors in the OMEN X lineup. There is also a true G-SYNC version, known as the OMEN X25, which hasn't been released yet. We expect it to have different ports, but otherwise perform similarly to the version we've tested.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5752&start=20#p43994
blue color reduction. less fatigue for my eyes. it is individual.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I will keep the monitor as I am happy with the default settings as you said.
And do you know if enabling/disabling G-Sync has any effect on the overdrive/colors?
As far as I know is that, monitors with a G-Sync module are further optimized in overdrive and in colors.
I’m not sure if its the G-Sync module that does the tweaking or if its the monitor itself that is already tweaked.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 23 Sep 2019, 04:34

OwBoNo wrote: And do you know if enabling/disabling G-Sync has any effect on the overdrive/colors?
As far as I know is that, monitors with a G-Sync module are further optimized in overdrive and in colors.
I’m not sure if its the G-Sync module that does the tweaking or if its the monitor itself that is already tweaked.
First of all, the presence of a g-sync module when activating vrr uses a dynamic overdrive, unlike monitors without a g-sync module. I will not be able to answer all these questions correctly. I have only assumptions. I think you should ask these questions to Chief Blur Buster.