ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays

Advanced display talk, display hackers, advanced game programmers, scientists, display researchers, display manufacturers, vision researchers & Advanced Display Articles on Blur Busters. The masters on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Sep 2019, 15:06

It was time for me to write one of those flagship Blur Busters articles that the advanced readership loves so much -- and perks the ears of educated writers, researchers & scientists.

The Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Displays
From Blur Busters Display Lab: Flaws of the humankind invention of the 'frame rate' and 'refresh rate': Properly milking the diminishing curve of returns towards future retina refresh rates.

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Display

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Sep 2019, 15:07

Wow --

Even at this early juncture, this article is apparently getting rave reviews by Blur Busters twitterverse, including employees of NVIDIA and media websites (e.g. Digital Foundry). I try to explain things better than the average website!

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Jason38

Re: ARTICLE: Stroboscopic Effect Of Finite-Framerate Display

Post by Jason38 » 24 Sep 2019, 19:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Wow --

Even at this early juncture, this article is apparently getting rave reviews by Blur Busters twitterverse, including employees of NVIDIA and media websites (e.g. Digital Foundry). I try to explain things better than the average website!

Congrats! You deserve this praise! If it wasn't for you and your website I don't think I would have ever figured out why I couldn't tolerate LED screens. Now I can use a LED monitor with no issues and I'm pretty sure I have narrowed down what my exact issues are for buying future monitors. I'm so glad that you educate the right people so they can make better products.