3DTV

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Cheyne1311

3DTV

Post by Cheyne1311 » 23 Oct 2019, 06:07

Hello all!
I'm searching for some help in forcing my 3DTV to accept and display a 120hz (or more) signal.
The TV I am attempting to do this with is a Sony Bravia KDL-HX750.
https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/sup ... ifications
This is an active 3D display, the panel is listed as 240hz, which is currently only achievable through Motionflow.
That said, enabling Motionflow allows me to move around program windows and maintain readability of the text.
Without Motionflow, and therefore 60hz, the text blurs enough to become unreadable.
The difference was astounding, however, Motionflow adds artifacts and latency, as we all know.
I used the page provided on this site with information about overclocking/reaching 120hz on HDTV's, but I'm consistently met with this error: "Unsupported signal. Check device output."
Surely there must be away to deliver a higher frame rate signal from my PC and have the TV display it, since the panel is capable of high refresh rates.

Can anyone provide additional ideas or assistance?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 3DTV

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Oct 2019, 22:11

Check out 120Hz from PC to TV -- I presume you used this.

You will want to match the standard ATSC signal timings where possible (e.g. Vertical Total 1125 for 1080p, and Vertical Total 750 for 720p) to keep it within specifications of what the television is expecting. You can't enter "240" in NVIDIA Control Panel and expect it to work, the entire set of numbers in a Custom Resolution Utility can be quite important for the TV to sync.

What kind of 3D standard did the 3DTV use? Alternate-frame shutter glasses? If so, then you will be able to discover a timings that works with 120Hz, though some TVs are extremely difficult get working, and some are just plain incompatible (Especially if they use a different 3D standard than shutter glasses).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Cheyne1311

Post by Cheyne1311 » 29 Oct 2019, 03:20

Oh okay, now this is the sort of information and help I'm after!
I'll try to match the standard ATSC signal and see how that goes.
The TV does use the alternate-frame shutter glasses style of 3D, not passive 3D, so hopefully that gives us a little more to work with.
You said I "will be able to discover timings that work with 120Hz"; how would I go about discovering those? Is there some base I can work off?

I appreciate your help!

ChrisZanatta

Post by ChrisZanatta » 22 Oct 2020, 19:44

I know it's ben a while since last post on this topic, but I have the same model and would like any help with the values for the timing and all the other numbesr I have to put in to make it work.

BTW, have you maneged to make it work?

Thank you in advance!