BenQ Zowie XL2546 vs HP OMEN X 25F for Competitive Edge-CSGO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
darKz_here

BenQ Zowie XL2546 vs HP OMEN X 25F for Competitive Edge-CSGO

Post by darKz_here » 02 Nov 2019, 16:44

Already Fixed. The problem was on the input latencies and visual ghostings.
Last edited by darKz_here on 17 Nov 2019, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

hleV

Re: BenQ Zowie XL2546 vs HP OMEN X 25F for Competitive Edge-

Post by hleV » 05 Nov 2019, 06:12

Two stores in my country have 25f and it's €414 in both of them so you're unlucky I guess (while 2546 here goes from €459).
If your store has it, you may want to consider 2540 too which should be even cheaper since you don't require blur reduction.

In terms of advantage in CSGO, you kind of answered your own question here:
HP OMEN x 25F, has the lowest input lag
UNLESS your eyes require blur reduction/other things that increase input lag, in order to see better (from your post I understand that you don't have those "issues").

Anyway, I haven't heard of 2546 having bad colors. Might have been just the streamer's specific settings, as gamers tend to crank up the saturation (I'm no exception, people ask me how I don't get blind from all that orange) or even specific colors to be more apparent.
BenQ XL2546K @ 240Hz (DyAC+) • ROCCAT Kone Pro Air @ 1000Hz • HyperX Alloy Origins • CORSAIR MM350 PRO Premium • HyperX Cloud Revolver • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 @ 2130MHz/8000MHz • Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz • G.SKILL RipjawsV 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 07 Nov 2019, 16:11

the problem you are experiencing is not related to switching from crt to tn panel and no monitor will give you the advantage/ or fix the disadvantage you are talking about read this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3536 and this one viewtopic.php?t=5409 i also have this issue being killed by mediocre at best players knowing they shouldnt be able to even touch me

darKz_here

Post by darKz_here » 28 Nov 2019, 17:56

hleV wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 06:12
Two stores in my country have 25f and it's €414 in both of them so you're unlucky I guess (while 2546 here goes from €459).
If your store has it, you may want to consider 2540 too which should be even cheaper since you don't require blur reduction.

In terms of advantage in CSGO, you kind of answered your own question here:
HP OMEN x 25F, has the lowest input lag
UNLESS your eyes require blur reduction/other things that increase input lag, in order to see better (from your post I understand that you don't have those "issues").

Anyway, I haven't heard of 2546 having bad colors. Might have been just the streamer's specific settings, as gamers tend to crank up the saturation (I'm no exception, people ask me how I don't get blind from all that orange) or even specific colors to be more apparent.
A quick CS GO demo steam link to remove the doubts of "not enough reaction times and skills" : steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-RM5XO-tK9MN-LywXD-YkDXx-cMfrM

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BenQ Zowie XL2546 vs HP OMEN X 25F for Competitive Edge-CSGO

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Nov 2019, 19:09

That's the first time someone tried to post steam:// links on Blur Busters Forums recently!

I've made steam:// links live. (Please PM me if there's any issue with that.)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

skylit

Post by skylit » 30 Nov 2019, 00:47

After testing many monitors recently, I'm a strong believer that latency is subjective. There's way too many variables that can influence perception regardless of absolute numbers.

I personally enjoy gaming on a 144hz 2k monitor atm even though I have a 240hz monitor right next to it.. lol Is the 240hz faster? yes. But I kinda aim worse on it. :P

darKz_here

Post by darKz_here » 16 Dec 2019, 10:40

skylit wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 00:47
After testing many monitors recently, I'm a strong believer that latency is subjective. There's way too many variables that can influence perception regardless of absolute numbers.

I personally enjoy gaming on a 144hz 2k monitor atm even though I have a 240hz monitor right next to it.. lol Is the 240hz faster? yes. But I kinda aim worse on it. :P
To be honest, It all depends on your personal preferences and basically on your needs. I've been gaming on some Office Notebook Laptops and it was the worst way of playing the game competitively, despite all the performance and advantages it had the visual latency made them all disappear. I have already stated in one of my other posts that I played on CRT with lowest-end possible hardware but with a zero latency CRT Monitor which this type of monitor still rocks on those days to those whom resolution and size doesn't matter, and never ever felt any visual latency on games. Despite the fps drops , I still managed to have fun and rock with it while hitting the top places in every single game I played where the hardware could maintain an optimal performance. I have tested 3 monitors of those new generation ones with high refresh rates ,on my hands starting from Alienware AW2518HF (240 Hz) , BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P (144 Hz) and the BenQ Zowie XL2546 (240 Hz) which I am using as my own one now. First impressions, normally as everyone noticed was the 240 Hz then the response time and the fluid and clear image. The input lag was hugely noticable for me on first tries, coming from my non-gaming designed hardwares and 100-200ms latencies behind. All my skills and reaction times , as well as the style of playing those games turned back all within a week after adaptation and I totally got back the fun and good old times I had when gaming back then. And I agree with part of your opinion "There's way too many variables that can influence perception" this starting from your own reaction times, skills, confidence and so on. So in my conclusion, it all depends on your personal needs. If you got a new hardware and you find out you are somewhat getting a "being bottlenecked" feeling where you could always do better before you should prioritize the monitor as your first priority despite having highest-end pcs or any other high-end equipment you might have. Those tiny miliseconds can make huge difference and determine the win and the lose. And trust me nobody is totally a noob, nowadays people are mostly pay2wins, ain't really saying all of them but as I could see playing matchmakings in CS GO they all had better advantages from their own equipments (a true brain and game saver for them). So First priority; the best possible monitor with the lowest response time and input lag , second your pc specs, third your own skills and reaction times. Don't even get tired thinking you could do better with any monitor which is 100ms or even 200ms behind the real "world".

P.s: I got the Gold Nova 3 (Almost Gold Nova Master) within two weeks after the monitor arrived in my house. And thus with all my recent equipments (an old hp office keyboard, some "lighting brick chinese 20$ mouse" and my "gaming" server desktop with Intel x3430 2.5 Ghz Max Clock and Quadro 2000 Gpu). I could have gone GNM within two days but the CS GO ranking system is kind of complicated and doesn't use the standard "Elo System" as most are using.

*Something I should have stated: The steam account is so old and it's cs go statistics are the worst of the worst ones, where I played with my old monitor. And those who have enough experience with CS GO should know that it's harder to rank up from being silver for a long time.
Last edited by darKz_here on 16 Dec 2019, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

darKz_here

Post by darKz_here » 16 Dec 2019, 10:43

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 19:09
That's the first time someone tried to post steam:// links on Blur Busters Forums recently!

I've made steam:// links live. (Please PM me if there's any issue with that.)
Tbh had some difficulties posting this link, even thought could get the post deleted for posting such links :lol: . But thanks for fixing that. :)