HP omen x 25f vs acer nitro xf252qxbmiiprzx for Quake/Apex

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Kaksou

HP omen x 25f vs acer nitro xf252qxbmiiprzx for Quake/Apex

Post by Kaksou » 08 Nov 2019, 13:47

Hello Gurus!

Been around forums for some time as I would like to change my old Benq xl2411z for some new 240hz monitor.

Im constantly hitting 190 uncapped fps as I play APEX at a litte bit smaller resolution so FPS is not a big issue here.

I came around 2 units that cought my attention: HP omen x 25f and acer nitro xf252qxbmiiprzx. Mainly because of the very low input lag they have and as a bonus they are cheaper than other contenders like Benq xl2546, Aorus KD25F.

So im looking at these two and I'm not sure which one should I take, the omen 25? the acer?

What im looking for from them:

-Low input lag
-very good motion handling - least possible blur - I know those two are very close but maybe there is someone that had both of them and can say more about it? pros and cons sort of?
acceptable colors - I know TN pannels but I mean just slightly more acceptable colors here would do the trick.

Thats about it I dont expect to be great in everything just the most important stuff. Also maybe I am wrong, maybe those monitors aren't that great maybe there is slightly better monitor for my particular case in all aspects but also a bit more expensive, if so please write about it so I can look at those pros and cons of them.

Thank you for your time and effort really apreaciate any help and guidence provided.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: HP omen x 25f vs acer nitro xf252qxbmiiprzx for Quake/Ap

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Nov 2019, 13:53

Welcome!
Kaksou wrote:Hello Gurus!
Been around forums for some time as I would like to change my old Benq xl2411z for some new 240hz monitor.
How far were you able to overclock your BenQ XL2411Z? (Some did up to 220Hz)
Kaksou wrote:So im looking at these two and I'm not sure which one should I take, the omen 25? the acer?
Both monitors has its own fans. Are you preferring motion blur reduction ON/OFF?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Kaksou

Post by Kaksou » 11 Nov 2019, 09:35

Chief Blur Buster wrote:How far were you able to overclock your BenQ XL2411Z? (Some did up to 220Hz)
Yes I Did it today its running 190 desktop and ingame - thx for the tip, although i have some problems like colors and other settings but probably need to take a deeper look into the topic,
another annoying issue for me is black screen / out of range whenever I quit game or alt tab the game - I really like go to desktop and browse while im waiting for a match.

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Both monitors has its own fans. Are you preferring motion blur reduction ON/OFF?
Well it depends on if it adds input lag if YES then I do not like it if NO Then I like it.

Also the reason for a change is not dictaded by only Hertz - it is for sligtly better viewing angles and colors

Kaksou

Post by Kaksou » 15 Nov 2019, 15:39

also when overclocked I encounter the issue with entering sleep mode on monitor. When it does it ( enter sleep mode ) I cannot wake it up - meaning I have "out of range all the time and any action on keyboard or mouse is not capable of doing anything. any clues? on that matter?