Best competitive Fortnite Monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
SwaggyFN

Best competitive Fortnite Monitor

Post by SwaggyFN » 02 Dec 2019, 05:43

Hi Everyone,

im using right now a MSI MAG27CQ 144hz WQHD 1ms MPRT, Adaptive Sync. Its a good one but i play most of the time fortnite which is a 3rd Person Shooter and by truning quickly around or doing some flick shots everything gets really blurry.

I took a look on what pros are using - most AW2518h and ASUS P258Q. Are they still good to go? Because there release date is like around june 2017.

The Chief likes the new Viewsonic XG270. How you guys feel about that? I dont know how 27 inch with only full-hd looks like. Havent even tried one.

My PC: Ryzen 5 3600 RTX 2070Super 16GB 3200mhz RAM

Hope you can advise me.

KR
SwaggyFN

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best competitive Fortnite Monitor

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Dec 2019, 10:04

Yes, I I tuned the motion blur reduction feature of the ViewSonic XG270 gaming monitor.

If you want to minimize motion blur without blur reduction (i.e. ULMB, DyAc, PureXP, etc), your best bet is highest Hz, and you should at have access to FreeSync/G-SYNC.

I'll let others chime in with other monitor recommendations.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SwaggyFN

Post by SwaggyFN » 02 Dec 2019, 10:08

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 10:04
Yes, I I tuned the motion blur reduction feature of the ViewSonic XG270 gaming monitor.

If you want to minimize motion blur without blur reduction, your best bet is highest Hz, and it's best to enable FreeSync/G-SYNC if possible.
Hi Chief,

of course I read that already. Nevertheless thank you :)

KR
SwaggyFN

TwentyFoe

Post by TwentyFoe » 03 Dec 2019, 17:47

Kinda off-topic (maybe not), but competitive on a 27" monitor...? I'm going to wait for the 24" 240hz IPS iteration of (probably) Acer, which is expected to release in Q1 2020... I'll never game on a 27" (Fortnite is my main game ATM, used to be CS, but I feel like I'd feel the same about any game I'd take half seriously).

EDIT:
Okay so I Googled you and found out you're a controller player. I guess that as a former console, seeing how you (probably) used to play on huge TVs, a 27" sounds kind of small in comparison. IMO you should def go for 24".

SwaggyFN

Post by SwaggyFN » 04 Dec 2019, 16:41

Hi Twentyfoe,

Weird you looked me up on fortnitetracker right away xD.

But i started with console and since april im playong on mouse and keyboard.

I dont know about the 27 ips full hd 240hz.
Because if chief says its a beast why not believing him. Maybe he got sponsored but i think nobody sells the product „blur buster“ for a monitor.

So i think i will give him a try when he will be released in Germany. Amazon says this month.

For right now i bought a benq zowie xl2546. Will arrive on friday. But a non gsync monitor i dont know about that. But i will try it.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Dec 2019, 17:33

SwaggyFN wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 16:41
Because if chief says its a beast why not believing him. Maybe he got sponsored but i think nobody sells the product „blur buster“ for a monitor.
Announcements are coming for CES 2020, but to understand better, ViewSonic is a client of Blur Busters (business).

NVIDIA certifies G-SYNC
AMD certifies FreeSync
Blur Busters now certifies blur reduction modes

Historically there are so many low-quality blur reduction modes (lots of strobe crosstalk, poor colors, excess overdrive, etc) and that is an important initiative of Blur Busters Approved tuning & certification program.

ViewSonic is the first to use our Blur Busters strobe-backlight tuning & certification service. Blur Busters was born because we were working on an Arduino scanning backlight project, and I wrote the old Electronics Hacking: Creating Strobe Backlights FAQ in 2013-2014.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TwentyFoe

Post by TwentyFoe » 04 Dec 2019, 17:48

SwaggyFN wrote:
Hi Twentyfoe,

Weird you looked me up on fortnitetracker right away xD.

But i started with console and since april im playong on mouse and keyboard.
Yeah I understand that you've moved to PC, that is why I said you are a former console player. As I said, I Googled you and your YT came up. The clip had controller keys, which is how I knew (so I didn't actually Fortnitetrackered you, not that it matters).
SwaggyFN wrote:
I dont know about the 27 ips full hd 240hz.
As Chief just told you (and has said in other threads - it's no secret), BlurBusters now certifies monitors for their Blur Reduction modes, and ViewSonic's monitor is their first product, but regardless, you have to realize that this is the only 240hz IPS monitor out there (along with the new Acer that has just dropped as well), literally. So even if it a beast objectively, it doesn't mean that other 24" 240hz IPS monitors are trash - because they aren't even released yet!

So yeah, I simply stated that I think a 24" sized monitor is best suited for competitive games. If, for whatever reason (including impatience), you insist on getting a 27", you should also consider the newly released Acer Nitro XV273X. it's also 240Hz IPS. I haven't looked it up so I have no clue what's better (between this and the ViewSonic) because they are both irrelevant as far as I'm concerned (again, I'm waiting on the 24" ones), but there's another thread that discusses it.

SwaggyFN

Post by SwaggyFN » 08 Dec 2019, 15:51

Its not that im impatient. I just want to know which monitor i should buy for the best competitve gaming experience. I bought yesterday the aw2518hf. A monitor which is in the list „ best gaming monitors“ on maybe 8th or 9th place and i really must admit that this monitor is really crap.

Coming from an MSI MAG27CQ 144 hz VA-Panel 1 ms response time. I felt like i made a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

I dont know what to do right now. Im reading every post in this forum but it seems like there is no such thing as „the best 240 hz monitor“ right now.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

KR
Florian

camaoyba

Post by camaoyba » 09 Dec 2019, 09:48

I think the XN253Q has the best reviews/comments. Tbh I don't know where did you hear the aw2518hf was any good, I was in the same boat as you 2 months ago and only saw bad reviews on it, it is an old monitor. I end up buying the Omen X 25f as it was on sale for $ 239. It had a nice review in rtings.com, nobody knows if it has the new AU panel but hey, its fast. I can say that I am happy with my purchase.

TwentyFoe

Post by TwentyFoe » 09 Dec 2019, 11:18

camaoyba wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 09:48
I think the XN253Q has the best reviews/comments. Tbh I don't know where did you hear the aw2518hf was any good, I was in the same boat as you 2 months ago and only saw bad reviews on it, it is an old monitor. I end up buying the Omen X 25f as it was on sale for $ 239. It had a nice review in rtings.com, nobody knows if it has the new AU panel but hey, its fast. I can say that I am happy with my purchase.
At this point wouldn't you rather wait for a 240Hz 24" IPS monitor, though?