My new AW2518H has white horrizontal lines on the right side?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
GFresha

My new AW2518H has white horrizontal lines on the right side?

Post by GFresha » 15 Dec 2019, 23:36

Pictures are below, just unboxed this monitor, 240 hz works all good with no flicker, gsync is all good as well. I have the response time set to normal because fast and superfast have inverse ghosting but other than that the monitor is all good except for those annoying white lines that seem to only be on the right side of the monitor... Help guys!

Pic 1: https://imgur.com/xtyAwYg

Pic 2 (closer pic on the marked spot): https://imgur.com/COKYtQK

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: My new AW2518H has white horrizontal lines on the right side?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Dec 2019, 23:53

The faint white lines are possibly a minor panel sample defect, if the white lines stay stationary while you move the window around.

Whether this is worth RMA, is something for you to decide -- it looks borderline but if this annoys you -- then this may warrant an RMA.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TwentyFoe

Post by TwentyFoe » 16 Dec 2019, 03:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 23:53
[...] it looks borderline but if this annoys you -- then this may warrant an RMA.
Borderline?! Holy shit, it's all over the place! The first pic doesn't do it justice, but that's due to the picture quality. The second pic makes you realize how horrible the issue really is. They also aren't subtle enough to the point that you can ignore them.

OP, if I were you I'd RMA it ASAP.

GFresha

Post by GFresha » 16 Dec 2019, 15:36

Yeah thas the plan

GFresha

Post by GFresha » 19 Dec 2019, 14:14

Actually quick update,

Did some reboots and what not and the lines stayed there.

Then 2 days ago I was messing around with ulmb and looked at the lines and they were gone, still not sure if that was because of ULMB or if they were gone on their own from something else

Now, today only 1 line is back, but the text kind of looks choppy so yeah I prob gona return this. Tried to enable ULMB again, try out 144 hz, try 240, turn off/on gsync and nothing rlly.