Sudden problems with G-Sync?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
PLeXiM

Sudden problems with G-Sync?

Post by PLeXiM » 09 Jan 2020, 09:34

I recently bought an ASUS VP278QG which has Freesync. Yesterday I finally got a Displayport to Mini Displayport cable for my laptop which has a GTX 1060. I was able to enable G-Sync, overclock the monitor from 75hz to 76hz (lol) and extend the G-Sync range to 76hz as well.

Everything was working perfect, all games, the Nvidia Pendulum demo, everything super smooth, no artifacts, I gamed a lot last night.

Today my Nvidia panel shows nothing on the display section, Nvidia Pendulum goes all black and games go all black as well, can only hear sound. Everything else works fine in Windows. What gives? Everything using the latest Nvidia drivers.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

PLeXiM

Re: Sudden problems with G-Sync?

Post by PLeXiM » 10 Jan 2020, 15:46

Ok so I fixed it by deleting all CRU profiles and unpatching the Nvidia pixel clock patcher.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Sudden problems with G-Sync?

Post by RealNC » 11 Jan 2020, 13:48

1Hz overclock master race :P
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.